when is the Dakota coming to At&t? before Sprint and Verizon or after? your best guess? i really dont want the damn 9800 (2).
    04-15-11 07:25 PM
    Who knows. Hopefully we learn more at BlackBerry World. May 3-5.
    04-15-11 07:54 PM
    I hope soon! I would rather have it then the Torch2
    04-16-11 03:22 PM
    I doubt even RIM has an official date. Wait for BBworld for a hopeful release date.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-11 04:37 PM
    It's a good thing that you started this thread, since there are no other release date threads in this forum.
    04-16-11 04:41 PM
    Its not really a "release dat" thread..what I'm asking basically is the dakota coming to Sprint before it comes to at&t? Not really asking on what date will this be released.

04-16-11 08:39 PM
    Its not really a "release dat" thread..what I'm asking basically is the dakota coming to Sprint before it comes to at&t? Not really asking on what date will this be released.

You should definitely use the search feature on this sites. Its been covered 100 times already.

04-16-11 10:10 PM
    It will probably be on GSM first (AT&T and T-mobile) before Sprint and Verizon, but I'm hoping they will all release at the same time.
    04-17-11 02:00 PM
    It will probably be on GSM first (AT&T and T-mobile) before Sprint and Verizon, but I'm hoping they will all release at the same time.
    I would think they would release them all at the same time this year, given how much the competition has been stepping up as of late?
    04-17-11 02:41 PM
    I would think they would release them all at the same time this year, given how much the competition has been stepping up as of late?
    I hope so. I don't see any reason to release them at different times there seems to be a fair amount of leaks for both versions so hopefully they are both almost ready to go.
    04-17-11 04:12 PM
    It's between this and a new dual core Android so I'm hoping to hear something about this on AT&T soon.
    04-18-11 07:39 AM
    Thanks Snipperdo17!!! thats all i wanted to know!!! was that so hard Mr. "Use the search" you idiots and your "Use the search" crap! if ya know the answer just F**kin say it!! Moron
    amboy83 likes this.
    04-18-11 11:14 AM
    I hope so. I don't see any reason to release them at different times there seems to be a fair amount of leaks for both versions so hopefully they are both almost ready to go.
    Isn't it up to the carriers?
    04-18-11 12:21 PM
    yes its up to them to approve the software for their own versions but once they have a version they like I'm sure they will launch as soon as they can. As the builds keep rising its going to get more and more stable so I dont think releases between the carriers will be that far off.
    04-18-11 12:49 PM
    Indeed, even if all the carriers do have this device on the same schedule their internal testing won't all take the same amount of time.

However, I personally think that regardless of that, at&t are probably going to have the Dakota lower down their priority list than the Torch 2 for the simple reasons that they have already spent a fair bit on the torch brand and also everyone can get a version of the Bold Touch, but at least to start with the Torch 2 will be an at&t exclusive.
    04-18-11 12:51 PM
    Thanks Snipperdo17!!! thats all i wanted to know!!! was that so hard Mr. "Use the search" you idiots and your "Use the search" crap! if ya know the answer just F**kin say it!! Moron
    NOBODY knows the answer! We can only guess and speculate, unless one of us actually works very high up for one of the carriers. It's really up to them to decide when a phone will be released.

Last edited by Masahiro; 04-18-11 at 12:59 PM.
    04-18-11 12:54 PM
    Apparently it's shown up in Telstra's database. So it looks alot of carriers worldwide already have the phone for testing.

Telstra adds Xoom, Optimus Black, Bold Touch to database - Smartphones & PDA Phones
    04-18-11 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD