I searched and didn't see anyone with this problem...

In the browser, if I click, or touch an email link - "mailto:name@domain.com" (e.g., "contact us" link, forum "email member" button, etc.), instead of opening an email w/that email address to compose, the browser screen goes white, and in the corner where it shows how many tabs you have, it advances to 27, drops back to 23 or 24, advances to 27 and repeats this numerous times (screenshot below). Sometimes I have to pull the battery and sometimes it will go on for a few minutes until the browser crashes.

For the life of me I can't remember if I sent any emails via a link since buying this phone, or if the last one I sent like that was on my Bold 9650. Has this happened to anyone else?

09-13-11 07:30 PM
    This is happening to me too. It first happened when I tried to send feedback on an app that wasn't working though I don't think that was from inside the browser but rather from app world. Now I tried an email link from a website- calgaryherald.com not that it makes a difference- and am getting the exact problem you have.
    09-13-11 09:14 PM
    This is happening to me too...
    Sorry it's happening to you too, but I'm glad it's not just me!

...It first happened when I tried to send feedback on an app that wasn't working though I don't think that was from inside the browser but rather from app world. Now I tried an email link from a website- calgaryherald.com not that it makes a difference....
    I tried it on a few in app world and it opened an email to compose correctly. But I tried it on the site you mentioned and it happened again. So for me, it only seems to be from within the BB browser.

Here's another if someone else could please try as well: Gannett Foundation - click on the "Contact Us" button on the left (it originally happened to me within a forum I admin (can't give the link b/c only admins/mods can email members)).

It does not happen (does work properly) in Opera Mini, but I really don't care for Opera at all.

Would love to know if this happens to more than just a handful of us (or even just that), if maybe it's from an installed app we have in common. I'll try to post a list of mine later.

Thanks.
    09-14-11 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD