I missed that part. Where did you see that?

Chad

Sorry Chad, my mistake (I hate that "bad"), I had the Dakota and Monaco mixed up.
    01-15-11 07:06 AM
    I finally saw what you saw and you may be right if they release them all together or even worse release the Dakota after those other ones. That would suck

Chad
    01-15-11 11:05 AM
    Logic tells me that with the recent releases of Curve 3g, and more recently, Bold 9780 and Torch 9800, we won't see ANY of these until at least September as to not **** off people who've bought the above mentioned devices.
    It's obvious you don't know RIM well. They have done this before. I won't be surprised if I see one come out in April.
    01-15-11 04:51 PM
    It's obvious you don't know RIM well. They have done this before. I won't be surprised if I see one come out in April.
    i dont mean any disrespect and i mean this in the most sincere way possible, but i dont think you are familar with rim. they take forever to release devices, and even longer to release devices that support things like lte and hspa+.

dont get me wrong, i have zero idea when rim is going to release this device too. but they are not going to release the dakota before wes or w/e they call it now. they are going to make a bfd out of this phone to generate press(which they should) and then release it. would not make sense for them to release this phone before wes because they wouldnt have a huge device to launch at that event (if they even do reveal that phone at that time).

september sounds about right for this phone.

imo, i dont think rim would withhold this device because it would step on the toes of current phone models. i understand where you are coming with the tour and the "tour 2" debacle. but i dont think that the same thing will happen here, esp since this is not a simple refresh but a major overhaul of the bold line (at least, i would say that this is a major overhaul, since they are finally adding touch screens to the bold line).

thoughts?
    Last edited by Pearl9100; 01-16-11 at 12:27 AM.
    Daniel Ratcliffe likes this.
    01-16-11 12:21 AM
    If its anything like the rumored storm 3 release we'll be lucky to get it by next christmas.
    OMG!!!! Don't SAY that!!!!!
    01-16-11 06:09 AM
    Don't slaughter me here but I don't understand the need for the new phone must come out now posts.

Surely the Dakota looks great and I like touchscreens. However, I think that Blackberry will release the products not now as just to compete with other phones. BBs are mostly business tools and are supposed to last a long time. They're surely not as 'hip' as iPhones or flashy Android phones but in my opinion for the puprosed use they're more than up to date.

No you can slaughter the BB newbie and tell me otherwise.
    01-16-11 06:29 AM
    I really can't wait for this device to come out! For sure fooorrr sureee I'll be upgrading to this next April if it comes out by then!
    01-17-11 04:24 PM
    Let's just pray and hope it comes out before then. It would be nice for one of these devices launch in conjunction with the Playbook. Especially since a device needs to be tethered to it. It would be nice to have a high-specced device to go with it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 04:57 PM
    i dont mean any disrespect and i mean this in the most sincere way possible, but i dont think you are familar with rim. they take forever to release devices, and even longer to release devices that support things like lte and hspa+.

dont get me wrong, i have zero idea when rim is going to release this device too. but they are not going to release the dakota before wes or w/e they call it now. they are going to make a bfd out of this phone to generate press(which they should) and then release it. would not make sense for them to release this phone before wes because they wouldnt have a huge device to launch at that event (if they even do reveal that phone at that time).

september sounds about right for this phone.

imo, i dont think rim would withhold this device because it would step on the toes of current phone models. i understand where you are coming with the tour and the "tour 2" debacle. but i dont think that the same thing will happen here, esp since this is not a simple refresh but a major overhaul of the bold line (at least, i would say that this is a major overhaul, since they are finally adding touch screens to the bold line).

thoughts?
    Let's just say for example and for argument's sake it comes to T-Mobile. Of course people with 9700s can't/wont upgrade to the 9780 because they're still in contract, or like some people on here don't want to upgrade to a refreshed device. The Dakota will make it perfect for those said 9700 owners to upgrade. And didn't the 9700 come out in or around April?

01-17-11 05:02 PM
    Didn't anybody read BGR about this phone...they were told a release date of September 2011. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay near the end of the year!
    So Q1 2012 then...
    01-17-11 06:56 PM
    Same here. I was going to upgrade to the 9780 but mein!! those specs and form factor have me sitting this one out.
    Sit it out my man! If ya have to go used and hold the upgrade (I personally would)

What device do you have now?

01-17-11 08:19 PM
    And my biggest question isn't when, but to what carriers will it come to...

Hoping its universal! I'm pretty sure ATT will get this, so I truly hope Tmo gets it!

01-17-11 08:21 PM
    Let's just say for example and for argument's sake it comes to T-Mobile. Of course people with 9700s can't/wont upgrade to the 9780 because they're still in contract, or like some people on here don't want to upgrade to a refreshed device. The Dakota will make it perfect for those said 9700 owners to upgrade. And didn't the 9700 come out in or around April?

i am agreeing with you in my op. they are not going to release dakota around april not because of the 9780. im saying thats not the case because they've done that with the original tour. but imo, i think there is no way Rim would release a phone of this caliber (and possibly the new flagship phone for rim) before BB World Conference. right?
    Last edited by Pearl9100; 01-17-11 at 09:48 PM.
    01-17-11 09:35 PM
    i am agreeing with you in my op. they are not going to release dakota around april not because of the 9780. im saying thats not the case because they've done that with the original tour. but imo, i think there is no way Rim would release a phone of this caliber (and possibly the new flagship phone for rim) before BB World Conference. right?
    When exactly is the conference?

And who knows.... It would be nice for a spring launch, especially like I've said before, would compliment the Playbook.
    01-17-11 10:58 PM
    http://crackberry.com/rim-renames-we...rld-conference

on may 3-5th. maybe they will reveal the dakota at that time?
    01-17-11 11:11 PM
    The 9000 is still my favorite form factor (still the best BB keyboard and speaker), so to add a trackpad and a touchscreen would just be awesome.
    I have never owned the 9000 sadly, but I've had a play on my brothers and the keyboard was awesome that I can remember. When this dakota phone hits Uk shelves it is definitely going to be my next bb handset

01-18-11 05:32 PM
    RIM Renames WES as BlackBerry World Conference

on may 3-5th. maybe they will reveal the dakota at that time?
    I think you're correct in that these new devices will be 'announced' at WES

...but I don't presonally think we'll see them 'released' until at least November
    01-18-11 06:12 PM
    my guess is q3 for the earliest release date
    01-19-11 08:29 AM
    Let's just pray and hope it comes out before then. It would be nice for one of these devices launch in conjunction with the Playbook. Especially since a device needs to be tethered to it. It would be nice to have a high-specced device to go with it...

RIM has placed high bets on the PlayBook so it is gets all the attention. Until we see the PlayBook, we would not see the Dakota.
    (Just a theory, I could be wrong)
    01-19-11 04:33 PM
    I think you're correct in that these new devices will be 'announced' at WES

...but I don't presonally think we'll see them 'released' until at least November
    Maybe even the Mobile World Congress in Febuary...
    01-19-11 08:07 PM
    Considering AT&T only has a Torch, Pearl 3G and a couple Curve models on their website, I think that they will be getting the "Dakota" or the 9780 sometime in Feb/March. They can't go too long without have a "high end" BB from the Bold series.
    01-19-11 09:23 PM
    Maybe even the Mobile World Congress in Febuary...
    I would love it then. Earlier the announcement, I feel, gives them a better chance of not pushing the device back any more.

01-19-11 09:26 PM
    I hope AT&T gets this device!

01-23-11 05:36 PM
    sounds like you will be waiting a while, if you choose to wait.
    01-24-11 01:29 PM
    Doesn't sound like the Dakota will be introduced until the BlackBerry Word Conference in May...
    01-24-11 01:46 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD