Greetings

my friend has 9900 and he installed the latest whatsapp, but it isnt working well for him, .. if the connection is edge or 3G, the messages never go through (keep showing clock sign)

everything else works fine (browsing, BBM, .. etc)

Whatsapp updated at 26-JAN-2012 and seem to screw things up.

he did battery pull, .. re-installation, .. etc .. didnt work

his OS is .585

So I am not looking for a fix for the latest version of whatsapp i just want to know wither there is there away we can get the previous version of whatsapp ? before the latest update?

Google search didnt help much
    01-27-12 01:11 AM
    Never used Whatsapp but am going to install it now to check if issues lies with Whatsapp.
    01-27-12 01:46 AM
    I'm on the same OS and run this new version with no problems
    01-27-12 01:57 AM
    Ok so installed it and tried it, all good on my side. I was reading a thread last night where guy asked a same kind of problem with BB Music app, he was able to use everything except BB Music, someone told him to check APN settings and it was disabled there. Am not sure if it is related somehow.
    P.S. His BB Music was working on WIFI at least.
    01-27-12 02:06 AM
    whatsapp works fine with wifi, .. but just not 3G or EDGE

he uninstalled it, . did a battery pull, installed again, .. worked fine then he had to shut his phone and charge it, .. opened it again, .. and the problem came again :/

i remember he never had this kind of problem with previous whatsapp versions, ..

so is there anyway to get a previous version of whatsapp???
    01-27-12 04:01 AM
    Ok so installed it and tried it, all good on my side. I was reading a thread last night where guy asked a same kind of problem with BB Music app, he was able to use everything except BB Music, someone told him to check APN settings and it was disabled there. Am not sure if it is related somehow.
    P.S. His BB Music was working on WIFI at least.
    from where the APN settings can be accessed? it isnt there in the network settings
    01-27-12 04:04 AM
    I was about to sleep man now you need to answer my work place if I will get there late

Options> Devices> Advanced System Settings> TCP IP (Now tick the first option there i.e. APN Settings Enabled)

Now I wish you all the best of luck and please let me know if it worked Am pretty sure it will
    irkan likes this.
    01-27-12 04:37 AM
    whatsapp works good here. ask him to uninstall then reinstall it. if not try a beta version at beta.whatsapp.com/ota
    01-27-12 05:42 AM
    whatsapp works like a charm here.
    01-27-12 06:09 AM
    Exactly the same reasons why I went from Whatsapp to Kik.

It is not consistent with wifi and 3g.
    01-27-12 07:49 AM
    I was about to sleep man now you need to answer my work place if I will get there late

Options> Devices> Advanced System Settings> TCP IP (Now tick the first option there i.e. APN Settings Enabled)

Now I wish you all the best of luck and please let me know if it worked Am pretty sure it will
    Lol! sorry man got it and good news is that it worked after we put the APN with the username and password provided by the operator ... now he can use BBM + whatsapp all the times without any problems. using 3G, EDGE or WiFi

thanx!
    01-30-12 01:15 AM
    Glad to know my advice helped enjoy man
    01-30-12 01:19 AM

I tried all the steps above, and tried the new beta version...no luck...get to the Verify your phone page, put in my number, then sit and wait forever for "awaiting network" to stop...it never does, and then the icon becomes unusable.
    Most annoying is that my wife (who has just got an iphone and why i am trying to get the damn app working in the first place) can see that i have whats app...and has even sent me messages!! gggggrrrrr

PLEASE HELP
    02-02-12 06:53 AM

I tried all the steps above, and tried the new beta version...no luck...get to the Verify your phone page, put in my number, then sit and wait forever for "awaiting network" to stop...it never does, and then the icon becomes unusable.
    Most annoying is that my wife (who has just got an iphone and why i am trying to get the damn app working in the first place) can see that i have whats app...and has even sent me messages!! gggggrrrrr

PLEASE HELP
    Did you get your APN username and password? What OS are you on and what carrier are you using?
    02-02-12 11:56 PM
    Whats up requires a full BIS service data plan. I had installed all version I am on beta now and I have no problems at ALL! the only thing I regret from the old one is that before you could check at what time the person was last seen ...not anymore
    02-03-12 12:47 AM
    whatsapp is said to be bbm counterpart for non-bb users.so apple comes out with imessage.then now there is no use for whatsapp for iphone users.each tech company tries to outwit the other.evolution of tech is amazing.
    02-03-12 02:33 AM
    whatsapp is said to be bbm counterpart for non-bb users.so apple comes out with imessage.then now there is no use for whatsapp for iphone users.each tech company tries to outwit the other.evolution of tech is amazing.
    Whatsapp is useful on iPhone for the same reason it is useful on Blackberry; neither BBM nor iMessage is cross-platform.

My family is pretty evenly split between iOS and BB; we use Whatsapp all the time, especially for the group-chat feature.

Whatsapp will stay relevant until BBM is licensed to other platforms. If that ever happens they're pretty much doomed.
    02-03-12 09:09 AM
    I am on the latest OS 7.0.5.585 (2406) ((I think))!!

I have used the apn password that I was provided by my service provider Vodafone...and I am in the UK.

Does that help?!?!?!?
    02-03-12 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD