Hello

Can someone please confirm if whatsapp calling and BBM calling are avaliable on the 9900 or other OS7 powered devices.

Im currently looking at the

And my decision depends on this.

Thank you.
    06-11-15 08:23 PM
    Why buy OS7?

Anyways Yes BBM Calling is on OS7.1

As for Whatsapp, I don't know if they still support BBOS anymore
    06-12-15 07:38 AM
    Why buy OS7?

Anyways Yes BBM Calling is on OS7.1

As for Whatsapp, I don't know if they still support BBOS anymore
    BBM calling does work and Whatsapp is still available in BlackBerry World for OS7, but the last update was the voicenote/walkitalkie thing and it appears (as per the super pissed BlackBerry World reviews) that Whatsapp calling has never made it to the OS7 and below crowds. Can't 100% confirm this as I don't use Whatsapp... But using my 9900 I checked out BlackBerry World and this seems to be the scenario...

As far as why use OS7? BIS/BES and true push, plus the size/device form still give it value to a certain crowd... I use my 9900 as my secondary device, its' emails and messaging are still blazing in comparison to all other platforms, BB10 included... Of course if one is seeking more such as updated calling features and relevant update versions, BB10 is the way to go...

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 08:16 AM
    As far as why use OS7? BIS/BES and true push, plus the size/device form still give it value to a certain crowd... I use my 9900 as my secondary device, its' emails and messaging are still blazing in comparison to all other platforms, BB10 included... Of course if one is seeking more such as updated calling features and relevant update versions, BB10 is the way to go...

Posted via CB10
    BIS is dying, slowly there is no denying that. When BlackBerry is no longer able to support BIS because funds have run out (specially since carriers stopped supporting BIS unless your grandfathered into a plan), what will you move onto then?

BES, still with BB10, along with "true" push.

Form Factor/Size - You have the Q10 and Classic for that.

As for speed with email, I can say between my use of a 9000/9900, I was more efficient on my Z10/Q10/Z30 and even now on my Passport.

Sorry to say, but its those living with outdated devices that are hurting the company the most. BlackBerry is still trying to support BIS, but I'm certain that'll only last for a little bit longer. Data compression unfortunetly no longer exists in a world where carriers now charge more for data services than voice.

Of course I do agree that the 9900 is a great device, but there is a time to move on.
    06-12-15 08:28 AM
    BIS is dying, slowly there is no denying that. When BlackBerry is no longer able to support BIS because funds have run out (specially since carriers stopped supporting BIS unless your grandfathered into a plan), what will you move onto then?

BES, still with BB10, along with "true" push.

Form Factor/Size - You have the Q10 and Classic for that.

As for speed with email, I can say between my use of a 9000/9900, I was more efficient on my Z10/Q10/Z30 and even now on my Passport.

Sorry to say, but its those living with outdated devices that are hurting the company the most. BlackBerry is still trying to support BIS, but I'm certain that'll only last for a little bit longer. Data compression unfortunetly no longer exists in a world where carriers now charge more for data services than voice.

Of course I do agree that the 9900 is a great device, but there is a time to move on.
    Respect your POV, but as of now BIS IS still supported and therefore still relevant for those without the Corporate BES connection... By being faster in comparison to all platforms, BB10 included RE: emails, I was referencing push. My emails still arrive on my 9900 far faster than they do on my Classic, than they did on my Q10, than they did on my S6 Edge, on my S4 on my WP, etc... I have my 9900 affixed to a data plan only. It's still the most beastly messaging companion out there... If using (and paying for monthly) BIS is really 'hurting' BlackBerry, that's sad to me... It can't be making that much of an impact or they'd have killed support just like that in the same manner they did the PlayBook...

I have moved on... I rock BB10 and quite proudly, but why move on if something is still supported and still works for you? Appearing dated or using tech that others deem outdated isn't a factor for me. I even gave up my 'trendy', hyped up, S6 Edge to use my 9900 (not wanting to ditch my Classic as the primary as BB10 does provide the accommodation needed for modern tasks and is perfect as my main driver.) On a forum of BlackBerry die-hard fans, I find it odd the way so many snub those who choose to use legacy devices... Almost a certain animosity to it... It's still a BlackBerry and yes, as you stated in your own words verbatim "the 9900 IS a great device". No shame in riding it out with setting sun.... All love...

Posted via CB10
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    06-12-15 08:46 AM