I don't think this is a coincidence. The number of threads of peoples 9900 bricking is crazy, and just the other day I had to send mine back because there was nothing I could do to reinstall the os. CB Kevin also posted on his twitter that his 9900 bricked itself twice recently. Very odd.

Is Rogers/RIM/whoever able to fix the problem or will I likely receive a new 9900?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-11 11:28 AM
    I have had mine for two months with no problems. This is the most 'hardened' blackberry i have had in ten years.
    10-31-11 11:59 AM
    I think I have seen more posts of 9900 failures than 9930's. Although I may be wrong?

10-31-11 12:07 PM
    Here's a good read Kev just posted: Have you nuked (or bricked) your BlackBerry 7 Smartphone yet? I have, twice. | CrackBerry.com

He mentions my 9900 in the article with the infinte reboot loop. I never had a problem, until I traveled from Canada to the USA. And removing the SIM fixed the problem. Why that had anything to do with it.... I have no clue.
    10-31-11 12:07 PM
    Could be people are doing a device switch and getting bad settings, corrupt files and incompatable apps put on their new phone.
    10-31-11 12:08 PM
    For me it had to be a software problem solved when I did a clean wipe of the device, and removed all my apps.
    10-31-11 12:17 PM
    I agree that it may be related to using the Device Switch wizard.
    My 9900 has been rock solid - but when I originally moved data over it kept freezing.
    10-31-11 12:18 PM
    I had issues with mine about 3 days after I got it. I had done a device switch but also downloaded a beta app world without deleting the original. Anyway, I did a security wipe and reset everything including apps myself. That was 2 months ago and so far so good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I completely love this device by the way...but I am nervous about this. Thankfully I have insurance as well as warranty.
    11-06-11 10:27 PM
    I have buy over one week ago a blackberry bold 9900 and yesterday I wont turn on and I got the red led light flashing.

I try almost anything I can do and the blackberry did not respond.

First I would like to explain that with all my old and new phones I have never seen a issue where I could not fix the phone, I have seen the red light on a blackberry pearl and I was able to fix it by connecting the phone to the blackberry desktop software.

Also i have a lot of iphones from the first version that was locked with att I have been able to restart the phone even it looks bricked.

I have experience on fixing things but this blackberry bold 9900 was in other level that I could not fix.

I have return the blackberry to my carrier so they check it, I hope they give me a new phone but I am worried that this issue will appear in the future.

I hope that blackberry releases a fix for this issue that is affecting a lot of people.

My carrier is telcel from Mexico.
    11-08-11 11:40 PM
    yea the infinite reboot/loop is happening on the 9860/9850's too.

looks like it might be an OS 7 thing. or....a JM-1 thing..
    11-09-11 12:09 AM
    Haven't had any bricking issues with my 9930 and I've had it for a few months now. *knock on wood*
    11-09-11 03:49 AM
    These were the reasons at&t supposedly didbt release and they requested a hardware change m this was the stuff cx was talking about .
    11-09-11 04:28 AM
    I don't think this is a coincidence. The number of threads of peoples 9900 bricking is crazy, and just the other day I had to send mine back because there was nothing I could do to reinstall the os. CB Kevin also posted on his twitter that his 9900 bricked itself twice recently. Very odd.

Is Rogers/RIM/whoever able to fix the problem or will I likely receive a new 9900?

Hundreds of Thousands of 9900s out there and 10 Bricked Phone posts and you say "everyones" 9900 are bricking? WTF? How about a little perspective here please
    11-09-11 06:37 AM
    Today I receive another blackberry bold 9900 because the first one stop working

I got the red led light and even I try to reinstall the os with the desktop software it always fails.
    11-09-11 11:45 PM
    Hundreds of Thousands of 9900s out there and 10 Bricked Phone posts and you say "everyones" 9900 are bricking? WTF? How about a little perspective here please
    Help me please gain some perspective, what other berry has had so many posts about so critical an issue?

11-10-11 03:06 AM
    Help me please gain some perspective, what other berry has had so many posts about so critical an issue?

Depends how you define severe. The 9800 was losing all bis connectivity on the early oses (it was a lot more common than the bricking so far) and the only solution was a security wipe and even then it was only a temp fix.

The 9630 had several os failures on os 4.7 + common trackball failure within a short period of ownership (trackpad was the only navigation method since no touchscreen).
    11-10-11 03:12 AM
    Got my new 9900 yesterday. Sent it back on oct 28th

11-10-11 08:12 AM
    OK. Mines bricked. twice in a month.
    Bricked it in 6 hours for the 1st one, got the firmware reloaded at the dealers
    Now after 3 weeks, its bricked again.
    THis time i've tried, Loader.exe, bbsak and crackmem. Only managed to wipe it to a 507 but cant reload the firmware.
    Frak!!
    11-11-11 06:46 AM
    My 9930 bricked twice. Phone was just over 30 days and went into a constant reboot so I went to verizon and they sent me a replacement device. I had that device three weeks (never did the device switch) and it just happened again yesterday. I am livid. Waiting for my new replacement device today.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-11-11 08:18 AM
    Adding this thread to the list.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hreads-668265/
    11-11-11 09:18 AM
    Mine works flawlessly.
    11-11-11 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD