Hi all I have read so many posts that your BB has bricked.

What the does it look like on the screen?

As you can tell my BB 9930 has not has the issue but I would like to know what to look for.

Anyone, Anyone?
    02-04-12 11:22 AM
    I never had a bricked or nuked phone. But I think when you have a bricked phone you will get a red cross mark with a small white phone icon under it on a black screen. Also when you plug in the phone to a computer, the DM will not recognize the USB port or the PIN. That's why you can't load any OS on a bricked phone.
    02-04-12 11:29 AM
    I simply restarted my phone and/or pulled the battery for some reason or other, which would result in the start-up process (loading bar) repeating over and over on an endless loop.

I never actually had the white screen or anything like that.
    02-04-12 11:31 AM
    Also, Blackberry error 507 could lead to a bricked phone. Error 507 means that you so not have an OS loaded on your phone and it appear on a white screen. But sometimes, you could end up in Error 507 loop where you keep trying to load an OS, the BB restart and stops at Error 507.

Also in my point of view, what is a bricked phone is subjective.
    02-04-12 11:32 AM
    Thanks I guess if you cant get it going will the carrier replace the phone?
    02-04-12 11:35 AM
    This is depend on their policies. Some have 30 days and others have 14 days all the way down to a week in order to get it replaced with a brand new phone. If you are over the 30 day period or whatever, you have to call their service office and they will replace your unit with most likely a refurbish unit under the one year warranty you have.

Good luck and all the best!
    02-04-12 11:51 AM
    A bricked phone shows nothing on the screen at all. If you connect a bricked phone without a battery in to a power supply (your PC or a mains cable) you may or may not get a battery with a cross through it appear on the screen after a few minutes, but that's it.

The batch of 9900/9930s that are bricking are having problems caused by the power management system, which gets caught in an unbreakable loop whereby the device believes the battery hasn't got enough power to start the device up and powers down, thinking it is saving the battery and the device. It then restarts and goes through the same shutdown process again over and over. It's not necessarily true that DM won't see your phone - if you remove the battery it will see it and try to reload the OS onto it - but it is true that as soon as you replace the battery (which you need to do for the OS reload process to complete) the process will fail at the point in the process when DM is trying to connect to the JVM manager.

I suggest that if you are in doubt as to whether your device is actually bricked you should take out the battery, plug it into DM and reload the OS onto it. Put the battery back in when DM is trying to connect to the JVM manager (it tells you when it is trying to do this). Devices that are not bricked will then continue to load and should be good to go when the process has completed. Devices which are bricked, on the other hand, have to be returned to your carrier or, if that is not an option, sold for parts.
    Betmen likes this.
    02-04-12 12:02 PM
    Most important is IF you ARE going to use a 99XX Blackberry, you need to back up daily as if you device bricks, all memory on the phone is gone.
    02-04-12 01:09 PM
    My phone is working perfect.

I was just wondering what to look for.

thanks for the answers.
    02-04-12 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD