Well I finally shut the phone down at 11:50pm last night, and still had 25% battery left.

Eat that, iPhone.

No charges during the day yesterday.
    May I ask? What build are you using and what apps you have installed?
    01-19-12 11:16 AM
    I'm using build .579 for my 9900. I use a Buffalo News app and until 2days ago a Weather Channel app. I also use Facebook app. Also have 3 email accnts attached. Lots of calling and texting. Gps usage. Internet usage. Wifi and 4g permanently enabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-12 01:53 PM
    Remember GSM phone will always consume less power than a CDMA phone. So the 9900 will always have an edge in the battery department.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HankHowdy; 01-19-12 at 06:04 PM.
    01-19-12 04:04 PM
    The network environment that you are operating in has a significant effect on battery life. If you have solid 4G or WiFi you are 'golden'. If you are in a building with sketchy edge and low dBmV/m then you will burn through a batter very quickly because of the way the transceiver, hardware, and software work.
    01-19-12 04:16 PM
    [/FONT]
    I did a 12 hour road trip using bb maps, internet, email and phone calls from another state and returned home with 25% leftover. If that's bad I want more!

It's barely believable ! Today I did the test, charged my 9900 overnight, unplugged the phone at 05:30 am and used it, not too extensively couple of calls, internet, e-mails, facebook and twitter. By the time I got home, I was at 15 % after 12 hours.

So I don't know what to think, I guess it's not that bad !
    01-19-12 08:03 PM
    Today I charged my phone twice and I'm charging it as I type this also.
    01-19-12 09:32 PM
    After initially struggling with poor battery life, I'm calling it fixed. I make it through the day now without re-charging. That's good enough for me. Between doing a clean install, turning off as much radio activity as possible, and a slightly better "Gold" battery its all good.

My only complaint now is a few apps did not make it over to 7.1 yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-19-12 11:25 PM
    Don't get me wrong, phone is amazing and way better than my old 9700, but damn I have to charge this thing once or twice a day. I am doing the exact same stuff with my 9700 and this is killing me. I have set the brightness to the lowest level and stuff and its still crappy battery life...

Click to view quoted image

same here battery life with my 9700 under os5 was fatastic. could easily last over 50 hours on a single charge with moderate to heavy emailing calling and chatting.

i have to charge my 9900 twice a day. on a given 6 hour period of idle time my battery life drops from 92% to 46%.

nice looking product but rim did not test this device and rushed it to the market. bb10 devices won't fare much better.
    01-19-12 11:39 PM
    same here battery life with my 9700 under os5 was fatastic. could easily last over 50 hours on a single charge with moderate to heavy emailing calling and chatting.

i have to charge my 9900 twice a day. on a given 6 hour period of idle time my battery life drops from 92% to 46%.

nice looking product but rim did not test this device and rushed it to the market. bb10 devices won't fare much better.
    I don't think they rushed it. I just think they should of made it slightly thicker for a bigger battery. This device is amazing and everything but I never heard so many people complain about battery life.

Most of my friends are BlackBerry users and made the jump to the 9900. We all have the same complaint and that's battery life.

Today alone I charged my phone 3 times. I don't do much on my phone. I get my emails, my news feed every 30 mins (my 9700 was set to 5 mins during CES), I bbm with my girlfriend mostly and friends and my phone calls consist of 5 min conversations. Yes I use the browser sometimes only to check the CB forums or comments on there articles cause I can't do that BlackBerry News.

I just hope RIM is able to release an OEM battery that has more juice but the same thickness and size so no need for a hack/modding or new back cover cause the 9900 has a sleek and sexy back cover.

/end rant
    01-20-12 02:07 AM
    I can get about 6 hours out of the 9900. I have new phones swapped out 3x still not helping. Im on latest 7.1.0.205 OS as well. I have used all OS in 7.0. Not helping!

01-20-12 06:37 AM
    I got more logs of my day yesterday. I will post it up later when I can.
    01-20-12 11:41 AM
    on 7.1.0.163 I can easily go 1.5 days without recharging. That's with 4g, wifi, bluetooth, dozens of text messages, bbm's, and emails throughout the day.
    01-20-12 01:12 PM
    on 7.1.0.163 I can easily go 1.5 days without recharging. That's with 4g, wifi, bluetooth, dozens of text messages, bbm's, and emails throughout the day.
    Would you share your operating environmental information? Are you in a WiFi environ, 4G, moving in and out of good comm? Do you use Bluetooth frequently via ear piece or Playbook, etc..?
    01-20-12 01:20 PM
    If the wifi provides decent signal, the 9900 batt can last very long

01-20-12 06:50 PM
    I can easily go 3 days without charging with my new iPhone Battery Emulation module.

Which is what?
    01-20-12 11:22 PM
    Which is what?
    She's actually being sarcastic.
    01-20-12 11:24 PM
    She's actually being sarcastic.
    I thought it was some iPhone user boasting about there dumb phones lol
    01-21-12 02:23 AM
    So far, I average anywhere between 8 to 12 hours depending on usage.

I tried using the 9900 w/o data turned on it lasted more than 2days.
    01-21-12 04:16 AM
    So far, I average anywhere between 8 to 12 hours depending on usage.

I tried using the 9900 w/o data turned on it lasted more than 2days.

Yeah I tried that too. Battery drain stops as soon as you turn off data. That leaves you with voice and text. And you have to wonder why you bought a Smart Phone.

01-21-12 07:09 PM
    I've resorted to using Edge for 90% of the time. It's more than sufficient for email, txt, bbm and mobile based web browsing. Anything heavier and I switch to 3G. Battery life more than doubles on Edge. We shouldn't have to do this at all but I love the speed, fluidity and design of the 9900.
    01-21-12 07:30 PM
    big screen, fast proccesor so much more social media on our phones, checking them regulary makes a battery drain really fast...
    01-21-12 08:24 PM
    I guess the trick is to use wifi whenever possible since it consume less power than mobile data. If still not enough you can set to 2G only for data on-the-move. Only do the download or streaming in as wifi environtment. The battery life will improve this way...
    01-21-12 11:22 PM
    I guess the trick is to use wifi whenever possible since it consume less power than mobile data. If still not enough you can set to 2G only for data on-the-move. Only do the download or streaming in as wifi environtment. The battery life will improve this way...

Not possible on the 9930. Its all or nothing on CDMA. WiFi is great, if its available.

01-22-12 12:08 AM
    I've resorted to using Edge for 90% of the time. It's more than sufficient for email, txt, bbm and mobile based web browsing. Anything heavier and I switch to 3G. Battery life more than doubles on Edge. We shouldn't have to do this at all but I love the speed, fluidity and design of the 9900.
    Interesting. Will tinker with that setup soon
    01-22-12 12:09 AM
    Not possible on the 9930. Its all or nothing on CDMA. WiFi is great, if its available.

I've never use  on cdma, but can't u possibly turn off the evdo and use the 1x only? It's comparable to 3G vs GPRS in gsm.
    01-22-12 01:59 AM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD