Why are the carriers holding back on 7.1......?

I have already downloaded a leaked copy (.267) but until the carriers approve it (notably Vodafone UK and Ireland in this case) we are unable to make use of the main wifi hotspot feature as it appears to be blocked (the feature does not appear in the menu).

So whats the hold up?, come on RIM, sort those carriers out!!
    03-10-12 01:28 PM
    All RIM does is offer the OS functions. Some carriers want extra money for functionality. ATT wants a lot of monthly money. No go here even though the ability is present.
    03-10-12 01:31 PM
    Try connecting to BB Desktop Manager to see if an update is available.
    03-10-12 01:36 PM
    yes there's some type of freeze
    03-10-12 01:44 PM
    This is unacceptable! How much longer do we have to wait?!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-11-12 09:31 AM
    Who cares about carrier releases? There are plenty of stable leaks available, and all features (including Mobile Hotspot) work fine for Vodafone UK.
    03-11-12 09:40 AM
    It sucks for Mac people that can't upgrade. Honestly .576 on OS7 works good enough for me that I don't want to put much effort into finding a PC to upgrade. It would be nice to see AT&T step up and release the latest versions forst rather then one of the last though.
    03-11-12 09:51 AM
    1 word: carriers

They have to approve the official release and also provision the service book that'll enable mobile hotshot.
    03-11-12 11:33 AM
    I would install the leaked version but then what if vodafone uk (which is my carrier) release the official os7.1 then I can't install the official release copy can I? Seriously I'm 'naffed' off about vodafone uk not releasing os7.1 because my battery life is really poor and I can't even use my phone for leisurely purposes while out and about for fear my battery might finish
    03-11-12 11:42 AM
    I would install the leaked version but then what if vodafone uk (which is my carrier) release the official os7.1 then I can't install the official release copy can I? Seriously I'm 'naffed' off about vodafone uk not releasing os7.1 because my battery life is really poor and I can't even use my phone for leisurely purposes while out and about for fear my battery might finish
    Why would you want to install the "official" one if you have the leak on board, they will be indentical.

Anyway, installing the leak does not prevent you from installing the official OS if you want to.

Just uninstall the leak from your PC and download the "official" when it becomes available.
    03-11-12 11:58 AM
    I would install the leaked version but then what if vodafone uk (which is my carrier) release the official os7.1 then I can't install the official release copy can I?
    Of course you can install an official OS if you're running a leak.
    03-11-12 11:58 AM
    My hotspot working here on VodaUk on the leak.

Steve
    03-11-12 12:49 PM
    This is second time OS7.1 pulled out.
    Might be major defect (buggy OS or marketing strategy (against RIM) ) )
    03-11-12 01:03 PM
    Who cares about carrier releases? There are plenty of stable leaks available, and all features (including Mobile Hotspot) work fine for Vodafone UK.
    +1 for this!

Yeah, who cares about carrier releases? It just the same as leak. If leak were stable, official will stable too.
    03-12-12 02:28 AM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    for me, i am with Rogers Canada (bold 9900) (Toronto) and do not have access to DM ( a PC, etc. ) here in Japan and so I am waiting for a OTA bold 9900 os7.1 update from Rogers! ... any other way to get the update?
    03-12-12 02:46 AM
    My hotspot working here on VodaUk on the leak.

Steve
    Mine too - you should go for it!
    03-12-12 03:56 AM
    YEP! Voda UK hotspot working. I'm on v7.1.0.205 too
    03-12-12 04:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD