Just thought about it this morning. I turn my location setting (location services - off) in order to save more battery. But if my phone ever gets stolen, I can log onto BB protect on a computer and it can locate my BB, but only if the location services is on. I'm still debating if I should leave it on or off...
    03-05-12 10:55 AM
    I'd leave it on....

That's just me though. No battery juice issues for me.
    03-05-12 11:02 AM
    I left mine on for the reason you mentioned above. It's really up to you.
    03-05-12 11:26 AM
    That's why I carry insurance so I don't have to worry about this. The probability of my phone getting stolen is ZERO because I always have it with me I never put it down and walk away.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-05-12 11:37 AM
    I agree with ESN... I've never misplaced my device(s). I may just try and see how my experience is with GPS off.
    03-05-12 12:33 PM
    I leave it on all the time and keep my blackberry with me. My carrier doesn't yet provide insurance so I make sure not to forget it when I'm not home and out somewhere.
    03-05-12 02:42 PM
    I have the location services always on. The only time the battery will drain if you use map services OR apps that require GPS system. There are a lot of apps that have an option to opt out of the GPS part. So, I wouldn't worry about it.

I get 2%/hr to 3%/hr depend on usage on my phone with OS 7.1 and I am very happy with the battery life because I can get a whole day out of my berry.
    03-05-12 03:39 PM
    I think since I don't have any insurance on my phone, ill go ahead and leave the location settings on just in case. Not worth paying a lot again but besides like some of you say, my BB is always on me. I rarely set it down anywhere except @home
    03-05-12 06:50 PM
    The only time my BlackBerry isn't in my pocket is if it's in my hands or I'm asleep or in the shower.
    03-05-12 08:11 PM
    The only time my BlackBerry isn't in my pocket is if it's in my hands or I'm asleep or in the shower.
    Do you even take it to the washroom too? I do when I am getting ready for school. LOL
    03-05-12 08:33 PM

Sometimes I sleep with it under my pillow and I have woken up with it in my hand. My girlfriend is jealous of my relationship with my BlackBerry.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    03-05-12 08:49 PM
    Do you even take it to the washroom too? I do when I am getting ready for school. LOL
    Yep. When I'm in there doing my business I have either my BlackBerry or my PlayBook in hand. Ha!Ha!
    03-05-12 11:57 PM
    Sometimes I sleep with it under my pillow and I have woken up with it in my hand. My girlfriend is jealous of my relationship with my BlackBerry.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    Actually, that's where mine ends up at night, right underneath the edge of my pillow. My PlayBook allways lays on the floor on a pillow next to my bed.
    03-06-12 12:02 AM
    Actually, that's where mine ends up at night, right underneath the edge of my pillow. My PlayBook allways lays on the floor on a pillow next to my bed.
    Haha... it has it's own pillow!
    03-06-12 01:22 AM
    Haha... it has it's own pillow!
    Technically, yes. But that's just because its a decorative pillow that gets tossed on the floor at night.
    03-06-12 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD