Maybe the first few batches had physical problems. I do believe however, that "The Problems" with the 99XX have always been "Firmware Issues". This is why I don't understand why so many people have "an issue" and simply decide to run to the store and get another phone that is "physically the same".

Anyway, knowing/assuming/surmising that the problem is firmware related combined with the outstanding performance afforded by 7.1.0.205. I would say now is a great time to buy a 9900.

I would control my excitement when you buy it and load 7.1.0.205 before you start to use it. If you don't, you know you will get on a roll and want to skip the update.
    02-12-12 06:15 PM
    I've been wondering of if was firmware related or a bad batch of malfunction batteries.

Either way, I agree, the issue seems to be resolved.

Looking forward to the touchscreen!
    02-12-12 06:38 PM
    I've been wondering of if was firmware related or a bad batch of malfunction batteries.

Either way, I agree, the issue seems to be resolved.

Looking forward to the touchscreen!
    I agree. Most issues seems to have been corrected; however, I'm still concerned...

Chrisy! Go upgrade and let me know how it goes!
    02-12-12 06:45 PM
    I'm just waiting for AT&T to ship with the new OS. I hate having to update and sync with a computer. Drives me crazy.
    I totally agree! I've never done a software upgrade as I've always been too nervous!
    02-12-12 06:54 PM
    I totally agree! I've never done a software upgrade as I've always been too nervous!
    I just picked my 9900 at my local att store and I couldn't believe how fresh it was! Built date on the box was 210112 (21 Jan 12) Mexico 4 with 7.0.0.576. Great battery life, no spinning clock, no problems.
    02-12-12 07:09 PM
    I just picked my 9900 at my local att store and I couldn't believe how fresh it was! Built date on the box was 210112 (21 Jan 12) Mexico 4 with 7.0.0.576. Great battery life, no spinning clock, no problems.
    Wow that's great! Is that the most current software version out for AT&T ?
    02-12-12 07:13 PM
    Wow that's great! Is that the most current software version out for AT&T ?
    Yes, my DM tells me it's the latest when it's plugged in.
    02-12-12 07:23 PM
    Yes, my DM tells me it's the latest when it's plugged in.
    Ok.... Seems like lots of people are talking about .205
    02-12-12 07:40 PM
    the only thing i see going to the 9900 from the 9800 is the lack of non-tray themes. os 7 themes are few and far between relative to the themes that are available for os 6 devices. once the theme builder comes out this should be resolved. but for now, there are themes....but pickin's are slim.
    other than that apps are fine and i've had no issues of bricking. i was on .205 since it came out. it was fine at first, but lately i was getting a lot of hourglasses. so, i ditched it for a hybrid.
    02-12-12 07:47 PM
    the only thing i see going to the 9900 from the 9800 is the lack of non-tray themes. os 7 themes are few and far between relative to the themes that are available for os 6 devices. once the theme builder comes out this should be resolved. but for now, there are themes....but pickin's are slim.
    Gotta agree with you. The issue I see with the themes that are out there is the time, wifi signal, data signal, etc icons in the top banner of the screen are all super tiny. I have perfect vision and still have to squint to see the time and other info when I use anything other than the default theme.
    02-13-12 09:05 AM
    Mine works fine, always has since the day I got it from windmobile. I guess i'm lucky. All of the apps I use (ubersocial, opera mini, tapatalk, miroamer, a few others) work fine. I ditched weathereye because it kept screwing itself up after a few weeks so now I use the weather network's mobile site which always works.

No bricking either.
    02-13-12 09:08 AM
    Same here no problems with bricking and battery life is very good for me.
    02-13-12 09:30 AM
    Good insights, thanks a lot!

Amazon app compatible? I use that app a lot!
    My wife has the Amazon app on her 9930; in fact I think it is installed in the stock 7.1 OS now as the "Music Store" or something like that. My wife uses it a lot and has no complaints.

You mentioned Weatherbug. I do not think WB is compatible. Also as for weather apps, I installed Accuweather on both her 9930 and my Torch 9850, both running OS 7.1. In both cases Accuweather did not work correctly (failed screen loads). So we use the "Weather Channel" app, which is actually quite nice in OS 7.
    02-13-12 09:36 AM
    I am on 7.1 and Amazon MP3 works fine, if it is that you are referring to Chrisy520.
    02-13-12 09:42 AM
    Not Amazon MP3, just the Amazon app for shopping.

I wonder why no WeatherBug. That's my favorite weather app.
    02-13-12 10:47 AM
    Amazon Shopping App is still not out for the 9900. I sent them a note with lots of cuss words, it didn't do any good, its still not out.
    02-13-12 03:38 PM
    It looks like 7.1 resolved the bricking/nuking/rebooting issues. Is this correct?

Are all apps now compatible with the 99xx? Amazon, Weatherbug, Fandango, BOA, etc?

Are there any major or minor bugs still present? What are they?

The 9930 is now in my price range but I don't want to leave the 9650 for a buggy phone where I have to side load apps.

Please be honest? I can wait til it is fixed if there are issues.

Thanks!
    My 9930 with verizon was having memory and battery drainage issues with 7.1. Just yesterday I woke up to my phone wiping itself without any input from me. Don't know how it happened, but it did. Ever since that my phone has seemed way more responsive and battery usage is better, though still high according to device analyzer, with light usage.
    02-13-12 03:50 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD