Im on Rogers network in Canada and my Bold is tethered to my pc as i write this. I know the Bold 9900 modem is capable up to 14.4 mbps down and 5.76 mbps up. The highest i got was 7.52 down and 2.20 up. Im curious to see what speeds you guys are getting and on what network your getting these speeds... For HSPA+ it's not bad at all... i mean my home connection is 8 mbps down and 1 mbps up so for me it's pretty comparable
    Let's see what you guys get!!
    09-22-11 10:35 AM
    Im on Rogers network in Canada and my Bold is tethered to my pc as i write this. I know the Bold 9900 modem is capable up to 14.4 mbps down and 5.76 mbps up. The highest i got was 7.52 down and 2.20 up. Im curious to see what speeds you guys are getting and on what network your getting these speeds... For HSPA+ it's not bad at all... i mean my home connection is 8 mbps down and 1 mbps up so for me it's pretty comparable
    Let's see what you guys get!!
    That's not to bad. I'm assuming you are connnected with USB?
    09-22-11 11:29 AM
    That's not to bad. I'm assuming you are connnected with USB?
    Yes via usb... I would of get lower speed via bluetooth.
    09-22-11 11:35 AM
    What app are you using? That's the one thing I'm missing about my Incredible.

Also do you know if it shows up as tethered data to the carrier? I know with android they don't see it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 01:02 AM

Also do you know if it shows up as tethered data to the carrier? I know with android they don't see it

Don't need an application beyond desktop manager to do this. And yeah, I'm pretty sure they would see it as tethered traffic.

KB24629-How to use mobile Internet to tether a BlackBerry smartphone to a computer using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 to 6.1
    09-23-11 02:55 AM

You don't need any apps for that! You can use desktop manager or create your own connection on a windows pc... Yes the carrier will know that it's tethered because when I tethered, the phone is showing that I'm in modem mode!!

Sent from my Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-23-11 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD