Hello all, was surfing the web via the Bold 9930 today. Was looking for free ringtones. Upon selecting and playing a ringtone my phone's screen went white with a "JVM Error" message, keep in mind the ringtone was still playing, dont know if that matters. Could not do anything, no key function would work. It did have a number following the message but my dumbass does not remember what it was and out of rage that a 2 week old phone would force me to pull the battery I had not even thought of writing it down. After pull the phone appears to be working fine, kinda weird that it seems to be smoother and faster if anything. Backed up phone multiple times since bought. Should I be concerned over this? or was this just a buggy website with a buggy link or corrupt file? Please and thankyou.
    09-16-11 01:13 PM
    When you say it was running smoother and faster AFTER it rebooted, it leads me to think you had some software misbehaven!

If it does not happen again, you are good. If it does it again yoiu might try another OS.
    Rezervoir likes this.
    09-16-11 01:30 PM
    Thankyou sir for easing my mind. Was actually thinking of switching the OS anyway to take adavantage of NFC.
    09-16-11 01:42 PM
    +1, if your Bold is running well then I'd chalk it up to a hiccup. They happen. If it becomes a consistent issue, wipe and reload the OS.
    Rezervoir likes this.
    09-16-11 01:55 PM
    A lot of people pull their battery once a day (or use an app to do the equivalent for them) to help keep the device running smoothly.

You'll be amazed at how much can be solved pulling your battery.
    Rezervoir likes this.
    09-16-11 04:04 PM
    You should not have to pull your battery every day on recent devices.... Even on the Torch or 9650 I don't have to do that....

If you do, something is screwed up.
    Rezervoir likes this.
    09-16-11 04:08 PM
    You should not have to pull your battery every day on recent devices.... Even on the Torch or 9650 I don't have to do that....

If you do, something is screwed up.

In general I agree. But as soon as you start installing 3rd party apps funny things can happen. A battery pull is a good start to troubleshoot an issue or strange behavior.
    Rezervoir likes this.
    09-16-11 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD