11-26-11 08:36 AM
38 12
tools
    Take a look at Best Skins Ever. Absolutely no difference between them and Zagg ... Except that their full body skin is less than $10 including shipping. I have one on my 9900, iPad, iPod, and my wife's 9780.
    11-19-11 03:13 PM
    I'm surprised nobody has chimed in here to say a screen protector really isn't necessary.

9900 has a very nice GLASS screen and you'd have to work pretty hard to scratch it. I've been using my phone naked since I got it back in August and it does spend some time in my jeans pocket with my keys and lots of time in various bags and coat pockets. I have some wear marks on the steel bezel and some scratches on the battery cover but the screen is flawless.

I have nothing to add regarding which covers are the best, but in my experience any screen protector is going to take away from the visual quality of the screen and affect the tactile feel and performance of the touchscreen.

Unless you plan on keeping and using this particular phone for 10 years I say LET THE SCREEN BREATHE !
    urbanguy likes this.
    11-19-11 03:38 PM
    I'm surprised nobody has chimed in here to say a screen protector really isn't necessary.

9900 has a very nice GLASS screen and you'd have to work pretty hard to scratch it. I've been using my phone naked since I got it back in August and it does spend some time in my jeans pocket with my keys and lots of time in various bags and coat pockets. I have some wear marks on the steel bezel and some scratches on the battery cover but the screen is flawless.

I have nothing to add regarding which covers are the best, but in my experience any screen protector is going to take away from the visual quality of the screen and affect the tactile feel and performance of the touchscreen.

Unless you plan on keeping and using this particular phone for 10 years I say LET THE SCREEN BREATHE !
    **** happens though if you look around xda and apple forums,, even gorilla glass screen cellphone users are compalining about scratches. Spec of sand on ur shirt or cleaning cloth, or ur wife's or gf's diamond earings will scratch any glass
    11-19-11 07:51 PM
    Not a big fan of wet application screen protectors

I highly recommend getting SGP Ultra Optics or Ultra Crystal, both look great!

I have the ulta crystal on my PB and Ultra Optics on the Bold.

The cutouts are as perfect they can get

The Ultra Optics gives you a semi matte finish, resists fingerprints (wipes easily with your shirt sleeve). Looks great outdoors

Text it still sharp...something some of the other matte finish sp cant give you
    been looking for a good matte screen protector (can't stand finger prints!), and this one looks perfect.. thank you for posting pics
    11-20-11 12:11 AM
    For me the best is Martin FIelds.
    i don't try the SGP
    cause in my iPhone 4s i tried SGP ultra crystal
    and its not really that good IMHO
    you can see a little "specks" i supposed thats the glue.
    and also the glue in SGP is not so strong, on my iPhone the edges are lifting up.
    i recommend this instead:
    Martin Fields Overlay Plus Screen Protector (Blackberry Bold 9900/9930)

a little expensive, but very good quality
    its clearer than the SGP ultra crystal
    and also it comes with button protectors and camera+flash protector as well.
    i totally recommend this.
    Is the keyboard cover attached to the screen protector or is it a separate piece? Also, is it crystal clear? I can't stand the antiiglare or privacy ones as they always look grainy.
    11-20-11 02:47 AM
    **** happens though if you look around xda and apple forums,, even gorilla glass screen cellphone users are compalining about scratches. Spec of sand on ur shirt or cleaning cloth, or ur wife's or gf's diamond earings will scratch any glass
    Yeah I get that, but for me I just think buying a sexy device like this and then covering it up with a case or protector is like buying a porche and putting a nose bra on it.

I'd rather enjoy it naked, and then if it gets really beat-up (which none of my devices ever have) put a case on it to hide the blemishes.

It might be different if I kept a phone for more than a couple years at a time.
    11-20-11 09:32 AM
    It seems you assume that all protectors are created equal and that they all detract from the look of the phone and or screen. Get a Steinheils Ultra Crystal and you won't even know its there if its installed properly. They even put two in the pack so when/if the first one gets damaged (instead of your screen) then you have a second. Screen is protected, the Phone looks the same as it did naked, and your screen will always look new.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by olblueyez; 11-20-11 at 02:13 PM.
    11-20-11 02:09 PM
    Yes the martin fields comes with protectors for the buttons beside the trackpad (not the keyboard)
    And yes they are seperated from the main screen protector .
    So inside the package there are 4 pieces of screen protectors.
    1 for the main screen
    1 for the camera and flash
    2 for the left and right buttons beside the trackpad.
    And yes they are crystal Clear
    In fact they are one of the clreasest screen protector I've ever tried before.
    I've tried severals famous one.
    SGP, Martin fields, Power Support, etc
    For me the clearest is. Power Support, but to bad they don't make one for Blackberries.
    The second place is Martin Fields. Its clearer than the ultra crystal from SGP.
    I can swore by it.
    Try it , you won't regret it

11-20-11 03:56 PM
    Thanks. I'll give it try.
    11-20-11 07:17 PM
    Zagg

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    11-20-11 07:57 PM
    Take a look at Best Skins Ever. Absolutely no difference between them and Zagg ... Except that their full body skin is less than $10 including shipping. I have one on my 9900, iPad, iPod, and my wife's 9780.

+1 for bestskinsever! I always used their products since the iphone 3G never had no problem with bse!! Good quality for a good price!

Sent from my 9900
    11-20-11 09:26 PM
    Is the screen on the 99xx glass or a type of plastic? If it's glass is it the scratch resistant type like gorilla glass or does it scatch rather easily? Also, will the Steinheils Ultra Crystal protect the display if the phone is dropped?
    thx
    11-20-11 10:14 PM
    Is the screen on the 99xx glass or a type of plastic? If it's glass is it the scratch resistant type like gorilla glass or does it scatch rather easily? Also, will the Steinheils Ultra Crystal protect the display if the phone is dropped?
    thx
    It's "extra-hardened" glass. It does not scratch easily. But like every glass, it will shatter if dropped hard enough. Tbh, scratching the screen would happen from everyday use, not dropping (phone usually lands top/bottom first. I prefer ZAGG Tbh

11-26-11 08:36 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD