If your like me I think my 9930 is gorgeous and I like to use it out of my case a lot. On my tour I had a nice body protector that was basically clear stickers for each pannel and they actually worked pretty well. Anyway I'm stuck with a crappy screen protector that sprint gave me that I had to cut myself so I'm in the markert for some better protection, either a full phone set or good screen protectors, I'm curious to what you personally like and recommend and what sucks.

Do 9930's have the privacy screen where you can only read the screen if u look straight on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-11 04:37 AM
    just wanna share this from my bad experience yesterday,I didnt use any protector except screen protector, last night after a party i just wanna charge my battery then i plug the charger wire with a phone and i hold another side of a charger wire and walk then my phone drop and my berry rolled about 2-3 meters against a concreat floor (yeah i had a little drunk ) and i just standing and watch it rolled till it stop at the moment i cant think of anything ,then i picked my phone up and look for a scratch ,i found no scratch and it still working fine
    just from my experience
    11-18-11 08:26 AM
    If your like me I think my 9930 is gorgeous and I like to use it out of my case a lot. On my tour I had a nice body protector that was basically clear stickers for each pannel and they actually worked pretty well. Anyway I'm stuck with a crappy screen protector that sprint gave me that I had to cut myself so I'm in the markert for some better protection, either a full phone set or good screen protectors, I'm curious to what you personally like and recommend and what sucks.

Do 9930's have the privacy screen where you can only read the screen if u look straight on?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/touchscreen-screen-protectors-668398/

Last post is mine w/ my ZAGG invisible shield maximum protection. Haven't had a scratch on my storm 1,2, bold, playbook etc

11-18-11 08:44 AM
    Not a big fan of wet application screen protectors

I highly recommend getting SGP Ultra Optics or Ultra Crystal, both look great!

I have the ulta crystal on my PB and Ultra Optics on the Bold.

The cutouts are as perfect they can get

The Ultra Optics gives you a semi matte finish, resists fingerprints (wipes easily with your shirt sleeve). Looks great outdoors

Text it still sharp...something some of the other matte finish sp cant give you
    rayzian likes this.
    11-18-11 06:05 PM
    11-18-11 06:33 PM
    I'm going with a oem hardshell with a zagg screen protector. Zaggs are the best jmo! Fits nice in a 9000 holster.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-18-11 06:54 PM
    Not a big fan of wet application screen protectors

I highly recommend getting SGP Ultra Optics or Ultra Crystal, both look great!

I have the ulta crystal on my PB and Ultra Optics on the Bold.

The cutouts are as perfect they can get

The Ultra Optics gives you a semi matte finish, resists fingerprints (wipes easily with your shirt sleeve). Looks great outdoors

Text it still sharp...something some of the other matte finish sp cant give you
    I have to agree. If you get one of the Steinheils by SGP then you cannot go wrong. I have the Ultra Crystal on my 9900 and you cannot even see that it has a screen protector. It also makes using the touchscreen easier for me because it has a soft feel to it and my finger doesn't slide like it does on the glass. Its nice and thick, and the cut is near perfect. If it were me I would go for the Crystal if you don't want to alter the way your nice screen looks or if you prefer non-glare then it only makes sense to get the "Fine" model because it reduces glare but allows more light to pass through. In any case you will have the best with a Steinheils.

Last edited by olblueyez; 11-18-11 at 09:01 PM.
    11-18-11 07:03 PM
    From my experience the invisishield from Zagg works great! I've never had a problem with them. Plus they all have lifetime warranties
    anon(73368) likes this.
    11-18-11 07:43 PM
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/Easy-Protect.../ref=pd_cp_e_1

I love this screen protector, matte finish equals no fingerprints. But, the trade-off is a very tiny amount of distortion. Obviously you wouldn't get that with the non-matte finish.

It's not so much for protection, the screen is very difficult to scratch, but more for the fingerprints. They drive me insane!
    11-18-11 07:55 PM
    if you prefer non-glare then it only makes sense to get the "Fine" model because it reduces glare but allows more light to pass through. In any case you will have the best with a Steinheils.

I would stay away from the Ultra Fine...its made for screen with low pixel density. I had it on my PB and I made the screen grainy. The Ulta Optics films are made for hi DPI screens, like Apple's Retina display
    11-18-11 08:56 PM
    I would stay away from the Ultra Fine...its made for screen with low pixel density. I had it on my PB and I made the screen grainy. The Ulta Optics films are made for hi DPI screens, like Apple's Retina display
    Like I said, try the Crystal or Optics,,...

11-18-11 09:03 PM
    not sure why people over pay for their 'branded' screen protectors.... the ones on ebay for 2$ for 6 always work fine for me - perfect cutting and everything. Maybe someone should explain what im missing here.
    11-18-11 09:06 PM
    not sure why people over pay for their 'branded' screen protectors.... the ones on ebay for 2$ for 6 always work fine for me - perfect cutting and everything. Maybe someone should explain what im missing here.
    What your missing is your liquid graphics and higher resolution

11-18-11 09:25 PM
    Only person your fooling is yourself. If you don't care what your screen looks like than why ruin it for other people who do by planting seeds that mislead people? You think the OP started this thread because he wanted the cheapest crap he could find?

11-18-11 09:46 PM
    Only person your fooling is yourself. If you don't care what your screen looks like than why ruin it for other people who do by planting seeds that mislead people? You think the OP started this thread because he wanted the cheapest crap he could find?

Must agree. I've always used SGPs/Steinheils on any devices which I've had that they make them for, and the 9900 will be the same, have a package coming next week.

Like has been said, Unless you like the ZAGG/BodyGuardz, Go with the Steinheil Ultra Crystal, If you would like a slight matte finish and a bit less glare, The Ultra Optics (the one uci2ci posted photos of) is rather good, be advised in some light you might see a "dot" like pattern, but that's a minor price to pay for having a matte finish without loosing any of the screen definition.

CaseMate also make decent Screen Protectors, but they're more expensive when compared with the SGP, and aren't any better, so I don't recommend them.
    11-18-11 10:02 PM
    Im using the screen protector that came with my otterbox case and its perfect, doesnt sacrifice any screen resolution, easy to apply, doesnt affect the touch sensitivity and heck, it came with the case!!!
    11-18-11 10:42 PM
    Im using the screen protector that came with my otterbox case and its perfect, doesnt sacrifice any screen resolution, easy to apply, doesnt affect the touch sensitivity and heck, it came with the case!!!
    The OtterBox protectors are good too, but they're not a great standalone solution (I don't believe the OP wanted to buy a case as well) since OtterBox don't sell them by themselves.

They also scratch easier, but like you said, it came with the case, so it was "sort of free" therefore... who cares really?
    11-18-11 10:46 PM
    The OtterBox protectors are good too, but they're not a great standalone solution (I don't believe the OP wanted to buy a case as well) since OtterBox don't sell them by themselves.

They also scratch easier, but like you said, it came with the case, so it was "sort of free" therefore... who cares really?
    Exactly, and like you said, "they scratch easily", but not my screen so it kinda does the job...

Also, mine is about a month old and still no scratches...
    11-18-11 10:49 PM
    I really appreciate the responses. I've been looking at all your opinions before I decide. I found a privacy screen on amazon I like, but then again something like the zagg full body is similar to what I had on my tour and that's the protection I want. However, zagg is not what I'm trying to pay. Personally I haven't tried a very wide variety of protectors but I don't notice enough of a difference to spend an extra $15-$20 on a "nicer" one.

Question about all of these minus just screen protectors: Do these body protectors cover our talk, menu, back, and end buttons?
    11-18-11 11:45 PM
    I really appreciate the responses. I've been looking at all your opinions before I decide. I found a privacy screen on amazon I like, but then again something like the zagg full body is similar to what I had on my tour and that's the protection I want. However, zagg is not what I'm trying to pay. Personally I haven't tried a very wide variety of protectors but I don't notice enough of a difference to spend an extra $15-$20 on a "nicer" one.

Question about all of these minus just screen protectors: Do these body protectors cover our talk, menu, back, and end buttons?
    The body protectors like the ZAGG and BodyGuardz do cover the talk, menu, back and end keys, however the regular screen protectors do not.
    11-18-11 11:48 PM
    For me the best is Martin FIelds.
    i don't try the SGP
    cause in my iPhone 4s i tried SGP ultra crystal
    and its not really that good IMHO
    you can see a little "specks" i supposed thats the glue.
    and also the glue in SGP is not so strong, on my iPhone the edges are lifting up.
    i recommend this instead:
    Martin Fields Overlay Plus Screen Protector (Blackberry Bold 9900/9930)

a little expensive, but very good quality
    its clearer than the SGP ultra crystal
    and also it comes with button protectors and camera+flash protector as well.
    i totally recommend this.
    11-19-11 12:22 AM
    am waiting for the 3M privacy screen protectors.
    11-19-11 12:31 AM
    Me too waiting for 3M.... Anyone knows when they will be available
    11-19-11 01:23 AM

i guess i must be a fool cus i always use the cheap ones hahaha...... i see it just fine. liquid graphics is just a fancy name for 'we can see pictures now!'. Congrats to those who can see the individual pixels on their 99xxs cus my eye sight, although 20-20 apparently arent as good as some of u guys here who can see even one of the 640x480 pixels on this 3" screen.
    11-19-11 01:23 AM
    What ur missing when you buy the cheap stuff shows itself sooner or later........try using the 99 cent ebays ones under a CCFL light, your going to see rainbow effect, something akin to an oil slick on your screen. The cheap stuff have little to no adhesive on the side facing the screen, and rely mostly on static cling (try taking an SGP protector off after its been places on for a few days, even with duct tape, its difficult). The cheap stuff tend to have less precise cutouts (leave some portons of your screen unprotected and makes it more obvious that you have a SP)....the list goes on
    11-19-11 11:42 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD