Hi guys,

I just ordered the BlackBerry Bold 9930 new in the box from eBay.

I would like to know what plan do you guys have and what’s monthly cost.

My current plan is Verizon Wireless grandfathered Nationwide 450 minutes with Unlimited data(4G LTE) currently using on iPhone SE. Will my current plan work with BlackBerry Bold 9930 and can BIS be add to my plan or better off adding a new line to my account instead??

You guys probably think why would I want 6 years old phone and outdated OS and apps, let me tell you guys why.

Reasons are:
    I reall like the size, keyboard, and tool belt on BB Bold 9930. All the phones out there are too big and Really hard to use one handed except iPhone SE that’s why I’m using it currently.

I love BB10 OS but the BB10 phones not so much and here is why. The BlackBerry Q10 is the perfect size BUT it missing the Tool Belt and it has straight keyboard I preferred smiley keyboard and tool belt on 9930.
    The BlackBerry Classic is just too big IMO.

Thanks,
    07-05-17 05:10 AM
    Hi guys,

I just ordered the BlackBerry Bold 9930 new in the box from eBay.

I would like to know what plan do you guys have and what’s monthly cost.

My current plan is Verizon Wireless grandfathered Nationwide 450 minutes with Unlimited data(4G LTE) currently using on iPhone SE. Will my current plan work with BlackBerry Bold 9930 and can BIS be add to my plan or better off adding a new line to my account instead??

You guys probably think why would I want 6 years old phone and outdated OS and apps, let me tell you guys why.

Reasons are:
    I reall like the size, keyboard, and tool belt on BB Bold 9930. All the phones out there are too big and Really hard to use one handed except iPhone SE that’s why I’m using it currently.

I love BB10 OS but the BB10 phones not so much and here is why. The BlackBerry Q10 is the perfect size BUT it missing the Tool Belt and it has straight keyboard I preferred smiley keyboard and tool belt on 9930.
    The BlackBerry Classic is just too big IMO.

Thanks,
    See my "not so conclusive" post in the other thread. My scenario just doesn't lend itself well to price comparison but I've added a 9930 to my vzw recently and found it quite painless. VZW BIS is still fine, for now. As of today, at least.

I also 1000% agree with your motives and your reasoning. I REALLY like single handed use! Six year old 99 remains THE unchallenged master of comfortable single handed proficiency! Imo. NOTHING newer is as comfortable for texting while flat on back, in bed, for example. Especially for replying to grandkids while wife is laying on right arm. Lol. A cherished nightly routine. As just one example.

NOthing newer adds enough "modern" functionality to be worth abandoning 99's single handed friendliness. Imo.
    07-05-17 06:29 AM
    See my "not so conclusive" post in the other thread. My scenario just doesn't lend itself well to price comparison but I've added a 9930 to my vzw recently and found it quite painless. VZW BIS is still fine, for now. As of today, at least.

I also 1000% agree with your motives and your reasoning. I REALLY like single handed use! Six year old 99 remains THE unchallenged master of comfortable single handed proficiency! Imo. NOTHING newer is as comfortable for texting while flat on back, in bed, for example. Especially for replying to grandkids while wife is laying on right arm. Lol. A cherished nightly routine. As just one example.

NOthing newer adds enough "modern" functionality to be worth abandoning 99's single handed friendliness. Imo.
    Thanks! BlackBerry Q10 is almost perfect. If the Q10 have smiley keyboard/toolbelt, better specs, cameras, and smaller bezel on the top to increase screen size just little it would be perfect IMO. Of course running BB10 and get update once or twice a year.

Someone should do the kickstart Campaign, I will sure get at least two for myself.
    07-05-17 07:01 AM