I want to buy a 9900 Bold & I have AT&T. What carrier can i buy that is compatible with AT&T H+ 4G network. I noticed that others that bought from another carrier are stuck with EDGE. Anyone?
    08-24-11 03:20 PM
    Any of Rogers, Bell or Telus in Canada. You're stuck with EDGE if you purchase from a company that uses the AWS spectrum, so avoid T-Mobile in the US and Wind and Mobilicity in Canada if/when they get the 9900.
    08-24-11 03:38 PM
    Can i buy directly from any of them for full price with no contract or data plan?
    08-24-11 03:43 PM
    Virgin Mobile Canada also supports 4G as they use the same frequencies as bell .. I don't know if they would ship to the US but kijiji or craigslist is your best bet .. Make sure you deal with someone with a verified paypal.
    08-24-11 03:43 PM
    If you're thinking of buying from a carrier, with no contract.. take under consideration none will ship you a device internationally -- they're not allowed to. You have to have a friend, or someone you trust in Canada pick it up and ship it or buy online from a 3rd party.
    08-24-11 03:45 PM
    Forgot about Virgin Mobile- in the US they/re a CDMA country oddly enough. In fact in the US there is one and only one 900/1800 GSM company and that's AT&T. Shocking I know.

OP, if you buy off contract you're indeed going to have to get somebody to ship to you; also bears mentioning that you'll have to unlock it yourself. This is easy as pie but also worth mentioning.
    08-24-11 03:50 PM
    Just for those keeping track, Virgin Mobile US is owned by Sprint (therefore as jfmanzo mentioned, runs on their CDMA network) and Virgin Mobile Canada owned by Bell Mobility (running on both their CDMA & HSPA+ networks)
    08-24-11 04:00 PM
    so a telus on ebay will get he all the H+ at&t speeds?
    08-24-11 04:20 PM
    Just for those keeping track, Virgin Mobile US is owned by Sprint (therefore as jfmanzo mentioned, runs on their CDMA network) and Virgin Mobile Canada owned by Bell Mobility (running on both their CDMA & HSPA+ networks)
    Hmmm - just to be clear, Virgin Mobile Canada branded Blackberries DO work on AT&T at 4G? You mentioned Virgin Canada and Bell use CDMA, which makes me think it is the 9930 model...and would thus be stuck on EDGE on AT&T.
    11-22-11 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD