First impressions are: Best BB I have ever owned in terms of feel, keyboard and responsiveness.

But then the paranoia sets in. When will it brick. Charge overnight or not. Break out an old charger or new one. 7.1 or not. Wheres my hotspot. Will that app I put on nuke my new Bold?

I think I spent too much time on the forums today, and freaked myself out.

I'm going to check emails and Twitter one last time. Have a beer, plug my new electronic life manager in and let her charge all night.

Tomorrow is another day and I assume my Bold will be waiting for me fully charged in the AM. (But I might check it if I get up in the middle of the night........)
    01-17-12 10:44 PM
    i havent even gotten my bold yet and the same issues are driving me crazy...
    01-17-12 10:46 PM
    Haven't had a single problem with mine! Updated to Official OS 7.0.0.585 OTA and it seems to run even smoother than the day I got it.
    01-17-12 10:52 PM
    The latest OS 7.1.0.190 breathes new life in the 9900! Fantastic performance and Mobile Hotspot and decent battery life!

Stay away from any of the older 5xx builds! They suck

They have poor radio signal reception and they all have a battery bug where you battery will drop down from 100% to 92% in the matter of a couple of minutes!!!
    01-17-12 11:03 PM
    Im on 7.1.0.190, no problems so far! the only thing I'm paranoid about is the battery life! My battery drain is @ 6.22%/hour!
    01-17-12 11:14 PM
    I always charge it overnight, sometimes for over 10-12 hours and nothing has happened since august... (Fingers crossed though) however, i do not let my battery drain all the way to zero. It happened once and i was lucky, or maybe my device is non-problematic lol
    01-17-12 11:21 PM
    There is always some battery drain but I still haven't had problems with the 9900 and lastest OS.
    Depends what apps you use like all mobiles and if you have you wireless connections are on etc.
    It takes me about an hour to completely charge my mobile but since I always have it plugged into some power source either at the desk or car I'm not without power.
    01-17-12 11:22 PM
    ya dont worry. I havnt had any issue with my bb9930 since September either. solid phone.
    01-17-12 11:35 PM
    I have had my 9930 since the first week of launch and have never had any problems with it. This is the best BB I hve owned. Enjoy ur phone and don't let all the problems frm here change tht.
    01-17-12 11:47 PM
    I got my phone on Friday Jan 13th 2012 (yea perfect day to get a phone). Soon as I got home I put on my phone, loaded up AppLoader and installed 7.1. I leave my phone charge overnight for about 8-12 hours and no problems yet. My only problem is battery life which is poor.
    01-18-12 12:45 AM
    I love my bold

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-18-12 01:07 AM
    I haven't had any problems with my 9900 and I charged my phone every night eh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-12 01:09 AM
    I haven't had problems with my 9900, it bricked at some point but after a lot of research and patience, was able to revive it.

One factor though might be that I hardly get to use it. Battery life is solid too.
    01-18-12 02:07 AM
    i am charging it whole night and no issues.
    no nukes unless i do it ofcourse..
    well,
    try it and if it dies you have the warranty i guess...
    fight fear is the best way to deal with fear...
    01-18-12 02:44 AM
    I got my 9900 sometime around Thanksgiving. It came with 7.0.0.250 (I think - TMO stock at the time). That night I upgraded to whatever the latest leak was after doing the device switch from my 9700. (That was a 7.0.0.5xx.) A day or two later, the first 7.1 leak happened - it was 7.1.0.74 (or 75 I dunno).

Then there was no love for 9900's for a long time. I was experiencing poor battery life (compared to my 9700). I also had random reboots - with a popping sound - about every 24-72 hrs. Those really freaked me out, and I was waiting to find a brick every time. (Too much forum reading here too.)

Now I've upgraded to 7.1.0.190 the day it leaked. It fixed some SMS issues I'd been having, and gives slightly better battery life (but not on par with the 9700's 36-48 hrs with moderate use). On .190 I only had one random reboot... Unfortunately it was my only double reboot - as soon as it got to the splash screen, it rebooted again. My heart really dropped when I saw that, but it's been fine since - with over 96 hrs uptime and only reboots when upgrading apps.

Since I bought the device, I charge it overnight - unless I forget. Unfortunately, with the 9900, if I forget I'm basically screwed the next day. With the 9700, if I forgot I could be a power miser and get through day two.
    01-18-12 03:04 AM
    Well I got my bold not to long ago and so far I have had no problems with it or no lag and I am enjoying it.. Hope my phone don't brick or anything but then I don't update my phone to leaked os.. Just keep it original with what my service provider have
    01-18-12 03:50 AM
    I got mine on 10/1. it's been running fine. Installed 7.1 and nuked it. unplug phone>restart apploader>reconnect phone>when recognized by apploader, restart loading process>as soon as that starts reinsert battery>voila, phone is back. Next time it nukes I'm not even going to bother reviving it, I'll just get a new one.
    01-18-12 04:12 AM
    I have had two 9900's. The first had an error *** can't remember. Just updated the OS then even better. 1 hour fix. Later on got water damaged so now on my second running .585, I'm looking forward to 7.1 when I get around to it.

From nearly flat my Bold takes less than 2 hours to fully charge. So I guess 2.5 hours from flat so no need to charge all night.
    01-18-12 04:26 AM
    If your paranoid why charge at night?
    01-18-12 05:59 AM
    Can upgraid the software on the 9900 OTA or do you have to connect it to the computer?
    01-18-12 08:01 AM
    Two things a BlackBerry owner should know, back up your phone using DTM and BlackBerry Protect, and if at all possible, use a comp to do updates.

Backing up your phone is so easy that I wonder why more people don't do it on a regular basis. Protect takes seconds, DM takes a few minutes, but what's a few minutes to save all those pictures and such? Both do their jobs, so just use them.

OTA updates take quite a bit of time, and if for some reason your phone loses power or you lose signal, you may end up with a bricked/nuked phone. I know some people have limited access to a pc, so OTA may have to do. Make sure your phone is fully charged before the upgrade, and for gosh sakes, leave the phone alone while it does it's thing.
    01-18-12 09:29 AM
    Have the phone for 3-4 months now,have installed many os,leak,official,hybrid ,now on leak7.1.190 ,installed many apps,always leave the phone plug over night ,drop the phone 3-4 times,battery drained to zero once, didn't have any single issue

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-18-12 09:38 AM
    What is weird for me is that I have NEVER been this worried about any other BB I have ever had, I installed every leak ever released for my device at the time, and felt I was pretty proficient. Why this device has me so hesitant I dont know. Maybe because it's my first Bold. Maybe I am a little in awe of it.

What ever the reason, my old crackberry addiction has increased 10 fold by now owning this device.
    01-18-12 10:02 AM
    I got my 9900 sometime around Thanksgiving. It came with 7.0.0.250 (I think - TMO stock at the time). That night I upgraded to whatever the latest leak was after doing the device switch from my 9700. (That was a 7.0.0.5xx.) A day or two later, the first 7.1 leak happened - it was 7.1.0.74 (or 75 I dunno).

Then there was no love for 9900's for a long time. I was experiencing poor battery life (compared to my 9700). I also had random reboots - with a popping sound - about every 24-72 hrs. Those really freaked me out, and I was waiting to find a brick every time. (Too much forum reading here too.)

Now I've upgraded to 7.1.0.190 the day it leaked. It fixed some SMS issues I'd been having, and gives slightly better battery life (but not on par with the 9700's 36-48 hrs with moderate use). On .190 I only had one random reboot... Unfortunately it was my only double reboot - as soon as it got to the splash screen, it rebooted again. My heart really dropped when I saw that, but it's been fine since - with over 96 hrs uptime and only reboots when upgrading apps.

Since I bought the device, I charge it overnight - unless I forget. Unfortunately, with the 9900, if I forget I'm basically screwed the next day. With the 9700, if I forgot I could be a power miser and get through day two.
    Were you able to get the wifi hotspot working on tmo?
    01-18-12 10:07 AM
    Were you able to get the wifi hotspot working on tmo?
    I actually haven't messed with the hotspot. I don't really have a need for it, and I didn't want to risk extra charges or being flagged as trying to tether.

The wifi calling works alright, but it's a big downgrade from the hardware UMA my 9700 and earlier phones had.
    01-18-12 11:54 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD