When I first got mine I was worried about it bricking. But I can't be worried about it. Hopefully it won't happen, but I'm not freaking out. I charge mine every night when I go to bed. No problems so far.
    01-18-12 11:55 AM
    I actually haven't messed with the hotspot. I don't really have a need for it, and I didn't want to risk extra charges or being flagged as trying to tether.

The wifi calling works alright, but it's a big downgrade from the hardware UMA my 9700 and earlier phones had.
    This is my big gripe with OS 7 devices. UMA was an awesome tool, allowing me to make up for bad signal areas.
    01-18-12 12:17 PM
    all this talk about 7.1 makes me want to give it one more try. The first time is slowed my BB down to a point where even the timer function would freeze....what should I do? :biting nails::
    01-18-12 12:52 PM
    all this talk about 7.1 makes me want to give it one more try. The first time is slowed my BB down to a point where even the timer function would freeze....what should I do? :biting nails::
    Wait for the next leak ???

The 7.1.0.190 for the 9900 seems to be less problematical than the current official release for the 9930 from reading the threads.
    01-18-12 12:55 PM
    Thanks for this thread. I too got freaked out yesterday. My 2-week-old Torch touch screen (9860) bricked Monday night, and I upgraded to the 9900 yesterday morning.
    I am a BB newbie, and don't yet understand how to upgrade to 7.1. From the DM, it does not lead me to the upgrade, and I don't want to try a "leaked" version.

Suggestions?
    01-18-12 01:56 PM
    If its gonna brick... its gonna brick. There isnt anything you can to do avoid it bc folks say it bricks hile doing everyday tasks. i just live life and enjoy! Bought mine used online, have changed os a few times... and still no brick!
    01-18-12 04:15 PM
    moral of the story... carpe diem!!!! Pull that bb out and flaunt it!!
    01-18-12 04:15 PM
    People need to stop worrying if their phone will brick itself. Use it how you want and charge it when you want. If it dies, get a replacement.
    wolfee48 and berry_addict like this.
    01-18-12 04:29 PM
    People need to stop worrying if their phone will brick itself. Use it how you want and charge it when you want. If it dies, get a replacement.
    +1 on that.
    01-18-12 05:05 PM
    Get insurance, then forget about it. Don't be a friggin slave to an inanimate object. After experiencing the brick once it isn't as bad as it sounds providing you have insurance, a recent backup and bb id setup. Its quick to get it right back where you left off. And if I have to do it again I will. I love this BB like no other!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-12 05:08 PM
    I am also very hesitant to get a new one as I don't want to have to go through days to wait on a new phone to get to me.

Really wish these things would work out of the box, which most do, just I have terrible luck and don't like to push that envelope, lol!

Never had any other problems with my other BB's and changed out many OS'S and was fine. Just feel weird about this one.

Will see come end of February.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    01-18-12 09:44 PM
    I am also very hesitant to get a new one as I don't want to have to go through days to wait on a new phone to get to me.

Really wish these things would work out of the box, which most do, just I have terrible luck and don't like to push that envelope, lol!

Never had any other problems with my other BB's and changed out many OS'S and was fine. Just feel weird about this one.

Will see come end of February.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    After my first day plus, I have lost most of my nerves. What a powerhouse device. Why did I wait so long in Curve land before stepping up to a Bold. Total Crackberry addiction affliction!
    01-18-12 10:01 PM
    After my first day plus, I have lost most of my nerves. What a powerhouse device. Why did I wait so long in Curve land before stepping up to a Bold. Total Crackberry addiction affliction!
    I loved my 8320 Curve... unfortunately I drowned it in a freak laundry accident. :-(

I bought an 8520 Curve outright to replace it, and I hated it! It felt like a plastic toy. It didn't even have camera flash. I returned it and went back to a dumb phone for awhile.

Then I couldn't stand being without my Berry, so I bought a 9700 Bold outright. That was an amazing phone!

Now I got my 9900 around Thanksgiving with a rebate - not really a subsidy. I love this one even more! My only gripe is that they took away auto-focus from the camera. It's not a huge deal. I'm living with it and don't want to get into that debate.

The great thing is, I can feel pretty confident playing around with the 9900, because I know that even if it bricks or gets otherwise screwed up, I can fall back to my 9700 while a replacement arrives. :-D
    01-19-12 12:31 AM
    I can't wait to upgrade from the 9630 to the 9930 for obvious reasons. After watching countless reviews on the device these next 2 weeks can't come fast enough.
    01-19-12 12:49 PM
    2 weeks after usage my phone bricked and RIM flipped the bird at me and a few thousand other owners
    01-19-12 02:37 PM
    I got a Bold 9900 too but the limitations on sim switching for data service thanks to BIS, RIM's rapidly and still deteriorating future and some of the minor but highly reported issues with the 9900 is making me step back until the price drops down into the $200 range for a used 9900. Trading up to a Galaxy Nexus on T-Mobile. the 9900 is a quality phone but it's just not worth the money with how much the OS lags behind competitors with NO catching up in sight.
    01-24-12 03:41 AM
    Yep the Bold 9900 has re kindled my interest in forums.....All the productivity and elegance has been massively off set by this. I never had these problems with my 4 year old Nokia / Sonyericsson featureless phone.
    01-24-12 06:26 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD