So I'm starting to lose the will to live! I am NOT letting go of my 9900 - GSM version, OS 7. I was with AT&T who fleeced me with international stuff (think $399 per month) so switched to T-Mobile who (only once I switched and even though I asked them beforehand) told me that they don't support the BB 0S 7 anymore and therefore don't offer the Blackberry Internet Service and Data plans.

Cue my contacting Consumer Cellular. They said they supported the Blackberry data plan - so I got their SIMs instead and, guess what, now they tell me they 'don't make promises about data as it all depends on the phone' - and they DON'T have the ability to support the BIS and data but they can offer me 'phone calls and texts'.....

So now I'm getting a little crazy. All I want is not to have a wallet full of unusable sim cards.

Do I just go back to AT&T and continue to pay SOOOO much more than anyone else for ease of use, or is there any other GSM provider out there (that piggy backs onto ATT) that will take BIS and support data for the OS 7 blackberries?

I want to call, text, email and check the news online. Not too much of a wish list, but would like to do it soon with my trusty BB 9900 before I start drooling from the mouth having gone mental and before I lose my hearing, eyesight and teeth from old age!

Anyone have any providers you can recommend? I'm in New England, so lots of trees hence reception quality is important.

Thank you!
    03-10-15 09:22 PM
    If T-Mo is ceasing BIS then you're left with only 2 choices. Go back to AT&T since none of their MVNOs provide BIS or Verizon. 9930s are dirt cheap on eBay if you've given Ma Bell the boot for good and Verizon offers BIS even on their $45 prepaid plan. I went down that route just a year ago but I was with Simple Mobile (TMO) and ended up using a Bold 9650 on VZW until finally getting out of BB OS7. Good luck.
    03-10-15 10:21 PM
    While you're BIS-less there are a lot of alternatives listed in my thread.

If you go back to AT&T, would you be able to make use of Fongo (it's a Canadian VOIP product with an OS7 app -- it's listed in the BOLD 9900 without BIS thread too) for your international calls to reduce your bill?

Just a thought.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-10-15 10:44 PM
    The TMO rep lied to you. They do offer BIS plans. This past weekend, I helped a friend activate a prepaid line, and even there (to a prepaid customer) was BIS available.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    03-10-15 10:54 PM
    Sprint still has BIS.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    03-10-15 11:00 PM
    The TMO rep lied to you. They do offer BIS plans. This past weekend, I helped a friend activate a prepaid line, and even there (to a prepaid customer) was BIS available.
    This. I have an office mate on T-Mobile and he just reactivated his 9900 today. His Classic is having issues and is getting replaced (though he has to ship it back first to Amazon to get the replacement, so there's a wait time), so for now he is using his old Bold.

tl;dr,
    T-Mobile supports BIS. Fact.
    03-10-15 11:28 PM
    Simple Mobile is a T-Mobile MVNO. They used to support BIS, not sure now. T-Mobile coverage sucks so bad, couldn't stand using them.
    03-11-15 05:36 AM
    I also refuse to deal with ATT due to their business practices. I have as my backup phone a Bold 9650 (unlocked) with BB 6 as the OS. Currently I'm using SimpleMobile with no issues with BIS. Prior to that I used Tmobile with no problems on that phone (I'm using Tmobile on my Classic now). You could also look at Virgin Mobile which piggybacks on the Sprint network, however I haven't heard anything positive about their service.
    Last edited by mrmdls; 03-11-15 at 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling error
    03-11-15 11:04 AM
    03-11-15 11:12 AM
    T-mobile supports BB7 (proof: https://support.t-mobile.com/communi...ces/blackberry)
    You understand that the people at the store are there to SELL YOU A PHONE. right?
    Now since they don't sell BB7 devices that's what he/she was probably trying to say.

SimpleMobile also has 2GB Data, unlimited text (internatially too) and voice for $40 (taxes included)
    and support full BIS.

I'm on it with my ROGERS BB9900 right now.
    03-13-15 03:02 PM
    T-Mobile still does support BIS, just added it today!
    10-04-16 01:35 PM
    I was going to suggest if he can stick with AT&T and drop the International add on's, if that is possible. Then I noticed the OP's post is over a year old. Wonder if he still uses it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-04-16 09:17 PM