I've read different opinions about several full body protectors... but I'm kinda wondering which one is the best, as I'm thinking about getting one.
    -------------------
    - What I'm looking for is something that protects my phone well (most do), but...
    I also want it to be scratch resistent, for as far as that's possible.

I found a bit of info about the following products;

[ Phantom Skinz ]
    Seems to be the very best out there... as it claims to have a transparent screen cover, and also claims to have been made from a material that's selfhealing. So if it gets scratched, the scratch should disappear within about 24 hours.

[ SGP ]
    Seems to be very scratch prove, but other than that I have no clue

[ Ghost Armor ]
    Very clear screen cover, but not very scratch proof

[ ZAGG ]
    Very good, also being selfhealing. Screen cover seems to be a bit darker than the Phantom Skinz though, but not much...
    But it seems alot of people are complaining about an orange-ish colour, and it seems to have an annoying logo on the screen. Other than that perfect

[ TruProtection ]
    Very good, but offers only screen protection
    -------------------

* I don't know if you guys have much experience with full covers, but I'd like to know more opinions.
    I tend to chose for the Phantom Skinz, as it seems to have the best of both worlds; selfhealing, clear screen protection and no annoying logo's...
    But is this indeed the best choice??
    Last edited by Dx3me; 09-06-11 at 11:31 AM.
    09-06-11 10:59 AM
    I will be getting Ghost Armor tomorrow. My friend has it on his iphone and you can barely tell it's covered up. I will also get the hard shell case today as well (bold 9900).
    09-06-11 11:23 AM
    I think these are currently the best full body protection and they come with screen protectors as well. Theres this one:

OtterBox Commuter!

Then this one has a belt clip!:

OtterBox Defender!

Hope this helps! If I answered your question, click mah Thanks buttons!
    09-06-11 11:59 AM
    Sorry my bad... I should have mentioned before, I'm looking for a cover inwhich I can still see the beautiful 9900
    09-06-11 12:01 PM
    Ah I see my bad, sorry to disappoint!
    09-06-11 12:13 PM
    In terms of bang-for-your-buck, you cannot go wrong with Best Skins Ever. I bought the full body protection for my Torch, and it looked and worked great. Best part is, it cost less than $10.
    Sharma15 likes this.
    09-06-11 02:56 PM
    BestSkinsEver indeed sounds great... it's not expensive!
    But, is it as good as it sounds??
    (it does offer full body skins for only 9.00)
    09-06-11 03:01 PM
    BestSkinsEver indeed sounds great... it's not expensive!
    But, is it as good as it sounds??
    (it does offer full body skins for only 9.00)
    I think so. It's got the self-healing properties, it feels smoother than the ZAGG (which I've also used), and I believe it's a little thinner as well. The only downside is that you have to create your own application solution (just some mild liquid soap and water). Of course, at less than half the cost of most other skins, it's hard to complain about that.
    09-06-11 03:45 PM
    In terms of bang-for-your-buck, you cannot go wrong with Best Skins Ever. I bought the full body protection for my Torch, and it looked and worked great. Best part is, it cost less than $10.
    Do they ship to Canada? There's only one shipping option but it says U.S Postal Service and I got confused.
    Last edited by e-Andy; 09-06-11 at 03:51 PM.
    09-06-11 03:49 PM
    I just had to have Best Skins Ever send a replacement. Several small defects in the skin and it has some microscopic striations going from top to bottom that when viewing something with primarily white background, gives it a sort of rainbow effect. Never had an issue before, so probably isolated. They responded within 4 hours and already sent tracking on the replacement.

As for ZAGG, I won't buy them again for two reasons. 1. The slimy little logo. 2. Orange Peel texture that distorts the super clarity of this device.
    09-06-11 03:50 PM
    Do they ship to Canada? There's only one shipping option but it says U.S Postal Service and I got confused.
    They do. In fact, I ordered a full-body skin just last night. The grand total came out to be something around $8. For some reason, I received some small discount, but I'm not complaining. Haha.

Here's the shipping rates I copy and pasted from the FAQ:

Q: Do you ship outside the US and what’s the price?
    A: Yes, we can ship almost anywhere in the world.
    Shipping is free with the purchase of 3 or more skins. *
    Shipping to the US is $1.00 for 2 skins and $2.00 for 1 skin.
    Shipping to Canada is $1.25 for 2 skins and $2.25 for 1 skin.
    Shipping outside the US and Canada is $1.50 for 2 skins and $2.50 for 1 skin.
    * Some restrictions apply.
    09-06-11 03:59 PM
    They do. In fact, I ordered a full-body skin just last night. The grand total came out to be something around $8. For some reason, I received some $1.50 discount, but I'm not complaining. Haha.

Here's the shipping rates I copy and pasted from the FAQ:

Q: Do you ship outside the US and whats the price?
    A: Yes, we can ship almost anywhere in the world.
    Shipping is free with the purchase of 3 or more skins. *
    Shipping to the US is $1.00 for 2 skins and $2.00 for 1 skin.
    Shipping to Canada is $1.25 for 2 skins and $2.25 for 1 skin.
    Shipping outside the US and Canada is $1.50 for 2 skins and $2.50 for 1 skin.
    * Some restrictions apply.
    Thanks. Discount is from the labour sale I think.
    09-06-11 04:01 PM
    Actually, now that I'm done searching around, the full body protection looks a bit weird and cheap. I might just use the screen protector from BSE and a hard shell case. What's your opinion? Why do you prefer full body?
    Last edited by e-Andy; 09-06-11 at 07:39 PM.
    09-06-11 07:36 PM
    I just don't like skin around the sides. I always try to get a good screen protector on there with the rest of the device naked.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-06-11 09:10 PM
    ive used Best Skins Ever for several devices and they always look great and protect my device! you can barely tell when theyre installed!! the customer service is also top notch!
    09-06-11 10:46 PM
    I had Ghost Armor applied at the mall and the guy did an awesome job. No air bubbles and the fit is perfect. It can, however, be scratched with a finger nail, although they do give a lifetime warranty against it. I have the Invisible Shield on my iPod and it is definitely stronger and completely scratch proof. It's also thicker the GA and is not as unnoticeable.
    09-07-11 12:21 AM
    yes they do.. i got mine last week...

I posted this before but if you guys are looking for a DRY solution to full body protection then try

WRAPSOL.. i don't know how well it works around rounded corners etc.. i had it on my iph4 which i had for 2 weeks between my 9700 getting stolen and when the 9800 came out..

it works well.. no orange peel and no solution needed.. but i don't know about self healing properties
    09-07-11 09:18 AM
    yes they do.. i got mine last week...

I posted this before but if you guys are looking for a DRY solution to full body protection then try

WRAPSOL.. i don't know how well it works around rounded corners etc.. i had it on my iph4 which i had for 2 weeks between my 9700 getting stolen and when the 9800 came out..

it works well.. no orange peel and no solution needed.. but i don't know about self healing properties
    Just ordered mine yesterday. Can you post some pictures please for us to see?
    09-07-11 09:33 AM
    I have used ZAGG protection before and to be honest, I have been blown away but how well it protects my electronics. Would buy nothing but a ZAGG
    09-07-11 09:45 AM
    It's all about BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 Skin Hands down, no one else can compete with the price and the quality of this skin.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    09-07-11 09:48 AM
    Best Skins Ever. They really are. Can enjoy the beauty of the device, use holsters, cradles, etc. while protecting it. Used them for years for all devices and always been pleased. Best part: if they get dirty, cheap to replace and, when time comes to replace your device, remove the BSE and the device looks brand new, increasing resale value.
    09-07-11 09:49 AM
    I ordered the Otterbox Defender. As thin as this device is, I guess I'm used to something a little thicker. When I had my iPhone4, I felt that it was too thin to go caseless and for the Otterbox for that as well. Plus I plan on taking my BB to the gym with me to use while working out. The defender is great bc sometimes I don't clip the case into the holster properly and it's done cartwheels on the marble floor once or twice. So to cover my klutz factor, I need a tough case.
    09-07-11 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD