My 9930 is running 7.0.0 and seems just fine. I am always ALWAYS leery of updating system software. I've bricked too many gadgets doing that. But if there is a compelling reason to do so, I'd like to hear it.

Incidentally, I junked my year old iPhone 4 to come back to Blackberry. I had a Curve 8330 and a Storm 2 before the 9930, and I also own a Playbook which has kicked my iPad 2 to the curb with the new OS. The 9930 is awesome. I have a company iPhone 4 which I tried to use, but it seems to drop calls far more often than the 9930 and the BB sounds a lot better too, especially in speakerphone mode. I still carry the iPhone because I have to, but I mostly just play solitaire on it. The BB does the work.
    03-06-12 05:58 AM
    My 9930 is running 7.0.0 and seems just fine. I am always ALWAYS leery of updating system software. I've bricked too many gadgets doing that. But if there is a compelling reason to do so, I'd like to hear it.
    While I can't compare 7.1 to 7.0, I can tell you NOT to be afraid of upgrading. I bought my 9930 about a week ago, and within 30 minutes of owning it, I upgraded to the 7.1.0.267 leak, which has since become official. They say it has better battery life. I don't have any complaints. I do know it installed perfectly and works perfectly. But then again, I have always upgraded to leaked OSes....
    03-06-12 06:08 AM
    There is also strong opinions that the 7.1 OS has incorporated the workaround
    for some of the early brick problems?
    03-06-12 07:12 AM
    Wouldn't it be ironic then if I bricked it by upgrading?
    03-06-12 07:14 AM
    I got the 7.1 leak, improved signal, better battery and feels very snappier.
    03-06-12 07:14 AM
    I got the 7.1 leak, improved signal, better battery and feels very snappier.
    OK, fine. But if I have to turn on my danged iPhone later I'm blaming you folks
    adamrollins likes this.
    03-06-12 07:15 AM
    Well, I moved from 0.540 to 1.267 and I am contemplating going back. I have the feeling it is starting to behave a bit funny: displaying the wrong caller, some lag in opening contacts, and the touchscreen is less accurate. I am rebooting at least one a day.
    On top of that, no real additional benefits.
    03-06-12 07:20 AM
    OK, fine. But if I have to turn on my danged iPhone later I'm blaming you folks
    It's foolproof! You won't do anything wrong. Slow and steady! you'll be fine!
    03-06-12 07:20 AM
    It's foolproof! You won't do anything wrong. Slow and steady! you'll be fine!
    I'm an engineer. I can screw up anything! Downloading now.
    03-06-12 07:22 AM
    Well, I moved from 0.540 to 1.267 and I am contemplating going back. I have the feeling it is starting to behave a bit funny: displaying the wrong caller, some lag in opening contacts, and the touchscreen is less accurate. I am rebooting at least one a day.
    Well, that's ugly
    03-06-12 07:25 AM

Incidentally, I junked my year old iPhone 4 to come back to Blackberry. I had a Curve 8330 and a Storm 2 before the 9930, and I also own a Playbook which has kicked my iPad 2 to the curb with the new OS. The 9930 is awesome. I have a company iPhone 4 which I tried to use, but it seems to drop calls far more often than the 9930 and the BB sounds a lot better too, especially in speakerphone mode. I still carry the iPhone because I have to, but I mostly just play solitaire on it. The BB does the work.

For me, battery life greatly improved after upgrading to 7.1, also there is no mobile hotspot on 7.0.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-06-12 07:46 AM
    For me, battery life greatly improved after upgrading to 7.1, also there is no mobile hotspot on 7.0.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    That hotspot may just be the thing! I didn't use it often on my iPhone but when I did it was a lifesaver. The bridge works pretty darn well with the Playbook though - and no extra charges from my dear friends at Verizon
    03-06-12 07:57 AM
    -wifi hotspot, if your service provider(carrier) push the service books
    -DLNA support, works well with my PS
    -battery life, 2%/hr - 3%/hr with OS 7.0 previous leaks I got close to 5%/hr to 6%/hr with the same amount of work.
    -no major issues in the OS built

I am very happy with the newset leaked OS 7.1, now even official on some carriers.
    03-06-12 08:03 AM
    What did the Romans ever do for us ??

Except Device Analyser, Battery Saving Mode. WiFi Hot Spot etc etc
    03-06-12 09:08 AM
    Yea it fixxed it. I can now leave my phone charging overnight without a morning brick. And I don't lose 10-15% of battery in the first hour of unplugging it anymore
    03-06-12 09:31 AM
    you need a re-install. somethings wrong there.

i find 7.1 alot more responsive compared to 7.0. The wifi calling and hotspot make life easier too
    03-06-12 09:51 AM
    Update complete. It took a couple hours and right now it looks the same with the exception of the new mobile hotspot in connection manager! No problems.
    03-06-12 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD