Hi, I was just wondering lets ask people on this forums what exactly you use a BB for
    I use it for Mails and I just like the keyboard to be honest, and not into BBM

Thanks
    03-12-12 02:04 PM
    Calls, e-mails, texts, BBM, organizing appointments/birthdays etc on the calendar.
    All the other applications and many more. Overall keeping connected.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    03-12-12 02:10 PM
    Calls, e-mails, texts, BBM, organizing appointments/birthdays etc on the calendar.
    All the other applications and many more. Overall keeping connected.
    True, to stay connected, I totally agree
    03-12-12 02:12 PM
    Yep and + it's a device that works out for me.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    03-12-12 02:14 PM
    Basic phone calls, BB Messenger and keeping username & passwords straight....
    ...Those things the BB does better than ANY thing else - IMO.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    03-12-12 02:16 PM
    Calls / Emails / SMS / BBM / Browsing on the go / Work / Music. .

linuxbbm likes this.
    03-12-12 02:23 PM
    Yep and + it's a device that works out for me.
    Yes gotta say, It does the job just so right. i mean im amazed to see, with my normal usage with like getting about 50/60 emails a day i dont reply all but half of them yes, and phone is off the charger and got like 52% battery left, its been 24 hours and 30 mins, is that normal ?
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    03-12-12 02:26 PM
    I would say YES.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    03-12-12 02:27 PM
    I would say YES.
    Okay thanks a lot, i never thought BB's got such a good stand by time even with being connected to the internet 24/7
    One more thing, I was reading the other day that BB uses 3 times less data than any other phones while does the very same thing ? how is that possible ? but yes when i check for my data plan how much i have used its not even 1MB a day...are you serious!
    03-12-12 02:32 PM
    Hi, I was just wondering lets ask people on this forums what exactly you use a BB for

I use it for Mails and I just like the keyboard to be honest, and not into BBM

Thanks

I thought it's obvious, nuts cracking...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by estro22; 03-12-12 at 02:48 PM.
    03-12-12 02:45 PM
    Mostly for SMS messages between friends, BBM.

I get my University email messages pushed to my BB about 10 min before my friends with iPhones. You may ask, what's the point getting an email 10 min early? Well, in -40C windchill in Canada, when a class get canceled, I can stay home because I get the message before I leave the house.

Some social networking: Facebook, Twitter, RSS

I use my BlackBerry for very few calls. I know that's ironic.
    raymond and linuxbbm like this.
    03-12-12 03:10 PM
    Pretty much everything. Email, calls, calendar, text, web, BBM, twitter, facebook, and bridging with my Playbook.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    03-12-12 03:15 PM
    Phone, text, email. Appointment reminders. Sometimes GPS. Conference calls. No games, really.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    03-12-12 04:05 PM
    Since OS2.0 was released for the PlayBook, I use it less and less....mostly for phone calls bridge remote control, SMS (text) and an occasional bridge email
    raymond likes this.
    03-12-12 04:21 PM
    Emails, BBM, SMS, calls, surfing during class, IM-ing my boyfriend that lives 6500km away from me. Taking pictures of food. Facebook & Twitter. Bridge.

I have many games on my 9900 but I never play them. I find I'd rather use FB or Twitter or surf to kill time.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    03-12-12 04:23 PM
    No games for me too. email, texts, phone calls, and alarm. Side stuff include mobile banking and ebay.
    03-12-12 04:34 PM
    sometimes i feel like im two people in one.

on one hand, i love the thought of being able to customize a phone down to the last minute detail. i like the idea of having the latest and greatest, the top of the line in gadgets.

More than ANYTHING though (and this is the other person talking) i like not having to think about my phone. At the end of the day my phone is a tool i use to get through the day. I dont want to have to make sure it hasnt turned off. i dont want to make sure that i tapped the right part of the screen, or that my tap registered to end that call. i dont like having to get a custom OS to get the most out of my phone. i DEFINITELY dont like to have to turn the screen on to see if i have any missed calls, messages or emails.

Cellhpnes are literally my life, i sell them day in and day out. Because of that I have the privilege of being able to try out any phone i want. I had the backflip when it first hit at&t...POS. Granted, it was at&t's first android phone but it really soured the experience for me. We were in the process of opening a new store, and my gf was out of town. the day all the pieces were to come together ended up being the day my gf flew in from out of town.

So here i am driving to the airport which automatically becomes hectic and automatically hits you with a sense of urgency.

The sign company, and the electrician wanted to be there at the same time, since the sign was lit and they wanted to cooperate on it. we figured we'd get the carpet guy there too and knock out 3 birds with one stone. Well, the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry and this was no exception. The electrician showed up first and the sign guy was apparently nowhere to be found. so the electrician is calling me asking where the sign guy is, the sign guy calls me next and im trying to answer by sliding that stupid thing and i slide and slide but cant answer. i have to take my eyes off the road and i still cant slide it right. well i end up missing the call. i ask the electrician to let me callh im back and try the sign guy, but by this time (i assume) hes called the electrician so i get no answer. So i call the electrician back and he confirms that yes, the sign guy called him and we start to talk about some of the details. So THEN my boss is callin wanting to know where the the sign guy is. As im explaining the sign guy beeps in. Keep in mind im losing my mind because i keep missing these calls since i cant get the slide to answer down. Lastly, my gf calls me to let me knows she just touched down, as shes doing this the electrician is calling because he didnt know the carpet guy was coming and wants to verify. a few missed calls later im explaining it all to the boss again when then sign guy calls and the phone just locked up

it had had enough and so had i. i switched back to the 9700 as soon as i pulled up to the airport

fast forward a few months, im trying out the captivate. gps is a known issue, mms is flaky, and i constantly get the yellow/orange triangle like i did on the backflip. the one that asks me to sign back in to email email almost daily.

screw that, i go to a 9800

fast forward another few months. my co-worker and i close up the store, after having put up some new decorations. Halfway home my 9800 starts ringing, its the boss. the alarm is going off. as we're discussing it the boss's son beeps in, he tells me the same thing. next my coworker beeps in, he says the boos just called him and the alarm is going off, i tell him i know the boss AND his son just called me. next the alarm company rings in, i tell them i am aware and am turning around. boos calls back and asks if im there yet...i JUST found out, im turning around! boss's son beeps in a echos his dad, so i echo myself. all this happened in the span of 3 minutes and the torch handled it like a champ.

the most ******** thing was that the boss and his son we're sitting right beside each other. W.....T.....F.....

later i tried the atrix, which just felt odd and had the same problem the other two did, always asking me to log in, dropping the internet connection at random...

The dell streak was nice but had an issue where it wouldnt always recognize your slide to unlock. i had 3 of those streaks (one white), all had that issue.

The Galaxy S II was nice but i misspelled at LEASt one word in EVERY text. It also had a super weak vibrate and i found myself having to turn the screen on to see if any texts had come in. Also, i used this one on a seperate line and still kept my torch active. my brother took a picture of my niece at my house and emailed it to me, the torch got it instantly (Sunday 7pm), the Galaxy S II got it at 11:45 am Monday...

Im not some super duper business man at a fortune 500 company. i dont NEED instant access to email but its nice to have. I LOVE that the keyboard is second nature. I love that my device WORKS when i need it, even if its not super flashy.

I actually LIKE that it isnt super flashy. I leave my torch and now my 9900 all over the counters at work and noone ever takes them!

Thats why i love my BlackBerry

edit: forgot to tie back in to the first part. I like that i CAN customize my phone, it IS top of the line and it IS the latest and greatest, but I still dont have to THINK about it.
    Last edited by offthahorseceo; 03-12-12 at 05:28 PM.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    03-12-12 05:25 PM

I get my University email messages pushed to my BB about 10 min before my friends with iPhones. You may ask, what's the point getting an email 10 min early? Well, in -40C windchill in Canada, when a class get canceled, I can stay home because I get the message before I leave the house.

THIS.

Minus Facebook and the cancelled classes, since I never experienced such a thing at my university (last year, one local university was closed for a snow day while ours remained open).

Alarm, and when I need a keyboard bridged to my playbook. Also, has anyone used Foursquare? I'm having a crappy battery life and I'm curious to use it but I know the GPS would pwn it in a few hours.
    03-12-12 05:56 PM
    Calls, emails, text messages, address book, agenda, camera.
    For web browsing and presentations , I have the PlayBook.
    03-12-12 06:00 PM

Lol @ going to class when it's -40 outside
    03-12-12 06:08 PM
    Calls, emails, SMS, MMS, BBM, FB, Twitter, Foursquare, some games, news, weather, web browser and listening to music.
    Last edited by blue_k; 03-12-12 at 06:17 PM.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    03-12-12 06:15 PM
    BBM, emails, SMS, phone calls, MUSIC, MUSIC, RSS feeds, podcasts, movies when I'm killing time, a few games, reading the forums, web, taking pictures.
    Actually, there isn't anything I don't do with it!
    linuxbbm likes this.
    03-12-12 06:35 PM
    � Phone calls
    � Email
    � Instant messenging (yahoo, wlm, aim, google talk)
    � SMS
    � Browser
    � Bbm
    � Storing passwords (Password Keeper)
    � Organizer (calendar, tasks, memos)
    � Calculator
    � Secure storage of photos and videos that are important to me for on the go enjoyment (media card)
    � Clock/alarm clock
    � Maps

I don't use:
    � Games
    � Facebook/Twitter (not even on my computer)
    � "Apps," in general

I would use Navigation -- Sprint's is terrific and included -- but I'm hesitant to load it on my Bold. I'm afraid of what might be bundled together with it, maybe something like Carrier IQ.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    03-12-12 06:40 PM
    It is my communication device. Emails, texts, phone calls, bbm, social networking, web browsing, maps, organizer(calender, tasks, memo pad) music/radio. No games.
    Last edited by princebb; 03-12-12 at 07:12 PM.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    03-12-12 07:10 PM
    Lol @ going to class when it's -40 outside

haha. but yes, it gets super chilly sometimes
    03-12-12 08:39 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD