I noticed my BB Bold 9900 with T-Mobile switches to GPRS sometimes. What does that mean? Does in disable data usage and texting? What happens to EDGE & 4G when GPRS pops up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-11 09:58 PM
    I believe GPRS is just slower than EDGE & H+ . GPRS still gives you data service while lower case gprs does not. You must have been in a very remote area or T-Mobile just didn't have great coverage there.
    09-18-11 10:17 PM
    General Packet Radio Service. its a low 2G method of data transmission. it is slower than EDGE. what this means is the EDGE, 3G and H+ network in your area has either gone down or temporarily cannot be connected. it has reverted back to basic data transmission services. browsing is very slow, as the data speeds are greatly reduced compared to those in 3G/H+. once the network is repaired or your phone is able to connect to the other networks, it should do so automatically.
    lycafe likes this.
    09-18-11 10:17 PM
    This happens all the time on my unlocked 9900 running on ATT when I'm in my house. Never happened with my iphone4. Is this merely a symptom of poor coverage or could it be an issue with the sim card or the phone. I've had very good H+ coverage outside and around time. Thanks for any feedback anyone is able to provide --
    09-25-11 01:39 PM
    I should also add...my phone tends to cycle from 3 or 4 bars of H+ to EDGE to GPRS and back to H+. Seems weird to me that I would have strong coverage one minute then be stuck in GPRS land for 30 seconds then back to H+. This only happens in my house however

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD