I been getting an dollar sign or more like it looks like an electris sign with a number beside it and I have no clue what it means. At first it started with a $2 and is now a $4. Does anyone know what that means on your msg notitication bar?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by philospherking; 11-04-11 at 12:04 PM.
    11-04-11 12:00 PM
    Is it any of these?
    11-04-11 12:40 PM
    Thank you for the picture,
    However is none of those symbols. I'm trying to attach a picture here however its not letting me do so.
    11-04-11 12:49 PM
    Here's the picture:
    11-04-11 12:58 PM
    I'm having issues with attaching the picture. I hope everyone can see it.
    11-04-11 01:00 PM
    the OPs picture doesn't look anything like those.

To me it kinda looks like something with NFC... is your NFC enabled? Maybe its picking stuff up?

Oh, and if you bring down the notification drop-down it may tell you what it is (it usually shows any and all notifications you haven't read yet)
    11-04-11 01:03 PM
    It doesn't look like NFC from the demo here.
    11-04-11 01:12 PM
    This is not NFC because RIM use the registered NFC logo for this... This looks like some kind of app push info on to the notification area. What apps you have installed on your phone?
    JR A likes this.
    11-04-11 01:13 PM
    I have the NFC disabled.
    When I went to check the apps to see if something is showing as upgraded or needs to be upgraded, there's nothing in my apps that reflects this symbol or anything that needs to be upgraded. I really need help to find what it is.
    11-04-11 01:21 PM
    I have the NFC disabled.
    When I went to check the apps to see if something is showing as upgraded or needs to be upgraded, there's nothing in my apps that reflects this symbol or anything that needs to be upgraded. I really need help to find what it is.
    Could you please list the apps you have installed on your phone? May be we can look into that and see what app will come up with notifications like that.

Thanks.
    11-04-11 01:23 PM
    I bet its a 3rd party notifiation.

11-04-11 01:28 PM
    I installed the BB music app, Shazam encore. It has been like that for a few days.

Hey, however I just deleted the BB music app and restarted my bb and it looks like the symbol is gone?
    11-04-11 01:34 PM
    Thank you everyone for helping me.
    11-04-11 01:35 PM
    Maybe its a 'groove'

11-04-11 03:08 PM
    It was probably a message from an app vendor that would appear in your native message folder. I had my native message folder hidden and started getting notifications I couldn't identify. As a last resort I checked the folder and there were messages there from The Jarrod Co, an app vendor.
    11-04-11 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD