06-06-11 10:36 AM
36 12
tools
    Just heard from a RIM employee that they are targeting late July release on Sprint for Monaco/Monza, so Bold Touch could be sooner in Canada or on other carriers...
    i really want to believe this... but it could break my heart if it were untrue...

but hey thanks for the news! much appreciated!
    06-05-11 10:51 PM
    i really want to believe this... but it could break my heart if it were untrue...
    Your heart WILL be broken...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-11 10:53 PM
    Just heard from a RIM employee that they are targeting late July release on Sprint for Monaco/Monza, so Bold Touch could be sooner in Canada or on other carriers. Of course it could be later, but they are all going to flood out around the same time (within weeks of each other - Torch-Touch-Monaco-Curve).

Of course she could be out of the loop as to the reality of the launch date, but it's good news if true.
    I hope you're right. But the Canadian BestBuy Mobile training trend seems to indicate that it will be late August to early Sept. But again I hope you're right.

Last edited by mss-ca; 06-05-11 at 11:37 PM.
    06-05-11 11:31 PM
    mid august to early september. About 1 year after the Torch, in time to be the next cycle's flagship phone. Also @mss-ca, I assume the OP is talking about official purchase date which is normally first in the US followed by Canada a few weeks later. There are some unusual exceptions, but as a general rule it is true, so you could not get a training module in time for the launch and the phone could be released in the US... All your comment means is now I (Live in Canada) have to wait until at least end of august to play with one, thats still very important :P
    06-06-11 02:03 AM
    I do believe the 9900 will be released first, with much fanfare, in August, and I believe the Torch 2 will suffer for it. While the Torch 2 will have been out for over a year by the time it's released, I think RIM will release the Bold Touch first since it will have a wider appeal than the Torch 2. I feel the Torch 2 will be a holiday offering.
    Now, I was completely wrong about the 9780 coming to AT&T, so......ya know....take it with a mountain of salt.
    But that's what I think.
    06-06-11 04:18 AM
    The Torch came early August of last year so its an assumption I'm willing to make. I do not see the 9900 making it out by July, nor do I see the Torch2 being released in the same month as the 9900. An Oct/Nov release for the Torch2 is possible but I feel unlikely as its been well handled already and well over a year from the first one.

So I'm not saying that, I just think that, no better than any other guess I'm afraid.
    Oh, ok. I get it.
    MAN.... I wish one or the other would drop soon. I need a change.

06-06-11 05:08 AM
    It never ceases to amaze me how people WANT to believe in a rumor!
    06-06-11 05:13 AM
    I think it will come out when it comes out. And, I am pretty sure that I will be 100% correct. Even though I definitely will be buying this phone, I am not spending my summer worrying about it.

06-06-11 08:00 AM
    I'm not worried about it, my 9780 works just fine for now - however I think it must be released in late August at the LATEST.

After the whole PlayBook in "Q1" thing, there's no way they can tell us "available this summer" and then release it in September.

They really need to start getting in the habit of providing release DATES rather than release SEASONS.
    makaveli28 likes this.
    06-06-11 08:09 AM
    Hey what do you guys think about this article --> Bold 9900 confirmed as delayed

In the 4th paragraph, it mentions that its possible for the 9930 not to be delayed as long as the 9900? Is that possible or is this article just a bunch of BS/things we already know?
    06-06-11 08:24 AM
    I hope you're right. But the Canadian BestBuy Mobile training trend seems to indicate that it will be late August to early Sept. But again I hope you're right.

Doesn't BestBuy Mobile normally get phones after the corporate stores get them?
    06-06-11 10:36 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD