Just wanting to take a little survey of all the crackberries out there.

Which month do you think the 9900/9930 will be released?

June, July, August, September, None of the above
    06-04-11 09:30 PM
    I've had a gut feeling for August since the devices were announced... and I'm sticking to that until I hear official confirmation to the contrary

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-11 09:35 PM
    ^ I kind of agree with you. But what do you think about all the september rumors?

And others please vote too!
    06-04-11 09:44 PM
    I'm with Phil. It'll be in August.

06-04-11 09:46 PM
    But what do you think about all the september rumors?
    Just that... rumours

06-04-11 09:52 PM
    Depends what carrier you are talking about really.

The AT&T release would be at least 6-8 after the Torch2 launch, but other carriers would be free to go depending on their 9780 inventory. Sept sounds right to me for the deathstar but earlier elsewhere.
    06-04-11 10:12 PM
    I'm going with late July

06-04-11 10:26 PM
    if it was rim releasing it then they would have done it in late june/early july.but with it in carrier hands,it will be pushed for an august release.september would be just overdoing it.
    06-04-11 11:20 PM
    I originally thought mid summer latest but after reading what people have to say, I'm sadly thinking it will be August sometime.... Then again, the longer they (RIM) keep the Bold 9900 and field test it, the better chance there is that when it is released to carriers, we'll have a beautifully working machine.
    06-05-11 01:16 AM
    I'm sticking with possible? Late June to mid-July, at least for Sprint

06-05-11 04:53 AM
    Early to mid September for AT&T. November/December for Sprint!
    06-05-11 06:39 AM
    In keeping with RIM's style based on the Playbook debacle, I say January.
    06-05-11 07:18 AM
    lat august/early september, but im hoping its sooner!!

06-05-11 07:31 AM
    I'm gonna say that it will be sometimes before the end of September, at least on one carrier.
    06-05-11 08:03 AM
    I will vote for the END of August. Why? Because I still don't have access to this mysterious RIM training module on BestBuy servers (I work at BestBuy Canada).

My vote is the last weeks of August. I hope I am wrong, but everything seems to point in that direction.
    06-05-11 08:04 AM
    Seems like the survey's answers center around august with the exception of a few very late outliers...

@Lefty: why do you think sprint will release it the soonest? I have sprint so that would be good news...
    06-05-11 08:20 AM
    I say it gets released exactly 3 weeks after I break down and get sick of this device before I get my hands on it and buy a droid.

Which would be roughly September 22nd.

06-05-11 09:29 AM
    Mamaluk's answer above is by far the most reasonably ascertainable, downright best thought out, and simply hilarious.....and true for some people.

God I hate my Tour......sad.

06-05-11 11:22 AM
    Seems like the survey's answers center around august with the exception of a few very late outliers...

@Lefty: why do you think sprint will release it the soonest? I have sprint so that would be good news...
    I posted a thread "possible? 9930...on Sprint" explains IMO why I think it'll be end of June-mid July, even though I've been raked thru the coals for having an opinion

06-05-11 11:23 AM
    i hope you're right... i can't wait much longer... just like everyone else...
    06-05-11 12:15 PM
    I'm thinking August.
    06-05-11 07:50 PM
    Depends what carrier you are talking about really.

The AT&T release would be at least 6-8 after the Torch2 launch, but other carriers would be free to go depending on their 9780 inventory. Sept sounds right to me for the deathstar but earlier elsewhere.
    You saying the Torch2 is launching before the 9900?

06-05-11 09:14 PM
    You saying the Torch2 is launching before the 9900?

The Torch came early August of last year so its an assumption I'm willing to make. I do not see the 9900 making it out by July, nor do I see the Torch2 being released in the same month as the 9900. An Oct/Nov release for the Torch2 is possible but I feel unlikely as its been well handled already and well over a year from the first one.

So I'm not saying that, I just think that, no better than any other guess I'm afraid.
    06-05-11 09:58 PM
    Just heard from a RIM employee that they are targeting late July release on Sprint for Monaco/Monza, so Bold Touch could be sooner in Canada or on other carriers. Of course it could be later, but they are all going to flood out around the same time (within weeks of each other - Torch-Touch-Monaco-Curve).

Of course she could be out of the loop as to the reality of the launch date, but it's good news if true.
    06-05-11 10:37 PM
    Just heard from a RIM employee...
    The question was 'What do YOU think?'

06-05-11 10:51 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD