I have tru screen protector anti glare and reduce finger prints. Although it reduceds the finger prints, I sometimes use the blackberry cleaning cloth that came with the phone but sometimes wiping it still leaves starry marks left by cloth due to very oily fingers. I was wondering if ppl use glass cleaner? Is it good or bad idea?
    01-10-12 11:26 PM
    I've heard (take it for what's it's worth) that the ammonia in most glass cleaners deteriorate protectors and plastic screens (like some monitors and other devices use.) I use the cloth and for stubborn spots, a little breath.
    01-10-12 11:33 PM
    I'm using cleaning wipes and dry it with the cloth, works perfect!
    01-11-12 01:50 AM
    Use my clothes too =p
    cmillette likes this.
    01-11-12 02:25 AM
    Any cleaning product are harmful to an LCD or plasma screen. EXCEPT the spray you buy from Monster or Belkin or any other brand that has been explicitly made for LCD screens.

Use your breath and a cleaning cloth. Never fails on me and the full body protector I have from Zagg Invisible Shield.
    01-11-12 02:31 AM
    Eyeglass cleaner once in a while should not hurt. I have an OB Commuter screen shield.
    01-11-12 06:24 AM
    I use microfiber cloth from Scotch Brite-the one for cameras, etc6x6 square. Works great!
    If real dirty a dash of water and use cloth with that. /or soapy water-good as new!
    No scratches-clean-cheap-just like new!

Amazon.com: 3M Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth - Pack of 2: Health & Personal Care
    Last edited by popeye; 01-11-12 at 06:46 AM.
    01-11-12 06:39 AM
    Yes indeed... Microfiber and if dirty microfiber+water.
    And after that, showroom shine for 5 or 10 minutes... lol
    kazn3r likes this.
    01-11-12 06:49 AM
    microfiber cloth and sometimes my shirt if it's soft.

I usually find if its oilyness, I'll clean my hands really good with soap and water then wipe the screen with them to get the stuff off, then use the cloth
    01-11-12 07:17 AM
    My approach to cleaning cell:

Microfiber cloth
    Eyeglass cleaner (Sunglasshut/isopropanol because it is available)

Spray small amount of cleaner on microfiber cloth. Two-three spritzes.
    Wipe screen with moist portion of cloth.
    Dry screen with dry portion of cloth.

Works very well for me.
    Caution: Do not spray glass cleaner directly on cell phone.
    Mikey_T likes this.
    01-11-12 08:24 AM
    I use the same technique as Maloy; usually just a microfibre cloth with the addition of eyeglass cleaner for particularly dirty days.
    01-11-12 08:49 AM
    lick screen, use clothes. It gets the oil off every time, but not enough moisture to get into places it shouldn't (like between buttons, etc.). Now if it's legitimately dirty probably use a cloth to get the gross off.
    01-11-12 09:02 AM
    I bring mine into the bath with me. Just a little bit of shampoo and she's clean as the day I got it back in August!
    01-11-12 09:15 AM
    I only use soft clothes to clean an oil from my screen,hate the finger print on the screen,Have try anti finger print protector once,but it makes screen look blurry so I removed it and use only transparent protector

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-11-12 10:00 AM
    i use my tie.. sometimes...(when no one is looking)...
    01-11-12 11:26 AM
    I use this from LensCrafters or my shirt.
    01-11-12 11:39 AM
    I wipe down once per week with wipes designed for electronics. Intermittently, I use my shirt.
    01-11-12 12:46 PM
    lick screen, use clothes. It gets the oil off every time, but not enough moisture to get into places it shouldn't (like between buttons, etc.). Now if it's legitimately dirty probably use a cloth to get the gross off.
    Lol "lick the screen"
    01-11-12 03:16 PM
    Use your breath and a cleaning cloth. Never fails on me and the full body protector I have from Zagg Invisible Shield.
    +1 breath moisture and microfiber
    01-11-12 03:21 PM
    I just got my first Blackberry today! I was going to get the Torch 9810 but my husband does not want to deal with AT&T so we went with the Bold 9930 at Verizon. It got really fingerprinty (lol) so I have just been wiping it with my shirt. I can't help it. I just always wipe my phones off with my shirt. Old habits die hard I guess. I do have the cloth that came with it, but I know it will hardly ever get used. Ah well. *shrugs*
    01-11-12 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD