08-08-11 09:48 PM
    That's because BGR needed a graphic. They just took a playbook screen shot and put it on the 9900
    08-08-11 09:50 PM
    That's because BGR needed a graphic. They just took a playbook screen shot and put it on the 9900
    That sounds pretty accurate. It's highly unlikely that RIM will keep the same BB Bold 9900/9930 design for the new QNX phones. However, with RIM, you never know.
    08-08-11 09:55 PM
    That sounds pretty accurate. It's highly unlikely that RIM will keep the same BB Bold 9900/9930 design for the new QNX phones. However, with RIM, you never know.
    Yeah, I dont know how QNX as we know it now on the playbook would transfer to a traditional style BlackBerry. Ill wait for it to smooth out on a 9930. It's likely going to take a revision or two to get all the features back anyways. Look at Windows Phone recent rebuilding to get an idea of how long this could take.
    08-08-11 10:01 PM
    Let's face it - the Bold form factor is *the* BlackBerry. You can see one from across the room and know exactly what it is. There will be QNX in this form factor, guaranteed. I don't think the 9850 is enough quite yet to get people to give up their Bold.
    08-08-11 10:08 PM
    Lack of BES support out of the box (RIM has time to work on that) but still if that's the case won't RIM take a hit from the tech community and BES faithful. I mean if you are going to use Active Sync you might as well get an Windows Phone 7 Phone, NOT.
    08-08-11 10:10 PM
    Let's face it - the Bold form factor is *the* BlackBerry. You can see one from across the room and know exactly what it is. There will be QNX in this form factor, guaranteed. I don't think the 9850 is enough quite yet to get people to give up their Bold.
    But we already like BlackBerry, but RIM wants people who have never tried a BlackBerry to consider it. I dont doubt that QNX will come in traditional form factors, I was just saying I dont see how yet. (Really referring to the gesture based UI that makes the PlayBook so awesome)
    08-08-11 10:11 PM
    Can someone explain to me what QNX is, and what it will mean to the average guy who uses bb?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 10:39 PM
    Existing thread resides here---> http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ed-bgr-636281/
    08-08-11 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD