I love my BB 9900 and i can't wait for the BB 10 in Jan. I noticed my BB 9900 was running smoothly one day for almost a year and then the hour glass kept popping up everytime i moved my cursor on the trackpad. This never happened before. It was impossible to use and i kept pulling the battery in and out etc. Anyways, someone said that i might have a damaged SD card. Aren't micro SD cards flash memory and suppose 2 last 4 a long time? Anyways, i got a new 32GB SD card and after a few weeks i encountered the same issue. I ended up having 2 remove that SD card and now i am going without an SD card in MY BB, but it seems 2 be the only way 2 avoid the hour glass. I love my BB and love the OS, but hate nonsense like this. Someone said i might need 2 downgrade to OS 7.0 and get rid of 7.1 to avoid this issue, but no one has a concrete answer. Anyways, i don't want this to happen with BB 10 when i get a 64GB card for my new device. This kinda nonsense makes me wanna run 2 Android, iOS, and possible even Windows OS.
    12-23-12 11:46 PM
    Usual hourglass culprit is low memory. Main problem is the browser causes the largest memory leak on the phone. I'm starting to notice the new bbm having a memory leak issue as well.

I pull my battery once every morning and I rarely encounter the hour glass problem.

Sent from my game boy color
    12-24-12 12:49 AM