I have a Curve 8330 and a Playbook. I am thinking about upgrading to the Bold 9930. I have a few questions for those lucky enough to have one already on Verizon.

* Can you use GPS with 3rd Party apps (i.e. Poynt, Flixster, GeoCache Navigator)? Verizon limits 8330 access for GPS to only BB Maps, Google Maps, and VZNavigator.

* Can you Internet Tether via Bluetooth from the 9930 to another device like the Playbook or a laptop?

* Can you use the bridge browser for Playbook without an extra data plan?

* Can you bridge and bluetooth internet tether at the same time (i.e. have access to your PIM info on your phone through the bridge and be able to have internet access to 3rd party apps on the Playbook at the same time)?

* Can you use more than one bluetooth accessory with the phone at the same time (i.e. use a headset and keyboard)?
    08-21-11 02:55 PM
    I have a Curve 8330 and a Playbook. I am thinking about upgrading to the Bold 9930. I have a few questions for those lucky enough to have one already on Verizon.

* Can you use GPS with 3rd Party apps (i.e. Poynt, Flixster, GeoCache Navigator)? [I]Verizon limits 8330 access for GPS to only BB Maps, Google Maps, and VZNavigator.
    Yes. You can.

* Can you Internet Tether via Bluetooth from the 9930 to another device like the Playbook or a laptop?

Tether? No.
    You can Tether though. If you Buy Tether.

* Can you use the bridge browser for Playbook without an extra data plan?
    Yes.

* Can you bridge and bluetooth internet tether at the same time (i.e. have access to your PIM info on your phone through the bridge and be able to have internet access to 3rd party apps on the Playbook at the same time)?

Yes.

* Can you use more than one bluetooth accessory with the phone at the same time (i.e. use a headset and keyboard)?
    You won't want an extra Key Board.
    drumrdfox likes this.
    08-21-11 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD