I currently have the blackberry 9900 and the phone cant last me a day without being charged atleast twice. Yes i use it more than the average person, but this isnt normal for a phone to be charged twice a day.. I have tried several batteries so i know my battery is not the issue. i have ordered many batteries off ebay that were over the standard 1230mah which were all useless and worse then the original JM-1's. Bell doesnt support 2g so i am always stuck on H+ which could probably be the main problem of my battery draining so quickly. Is there anything i could do.. maybe a OS upgrade? im currently on 7.0.0.440
    11-30-11 09:39 PM
    Yes, try upgrading to .540, many users have experienced increased battery life with the new OS.

Try to keep applications you aren't using closed.

Turn down the screen backlight brightness in Options.

Hope this helps.
    11-30-11 09:45 PM
    Here are some tips, turn off gps, put it on standby when not in use, dim the screen brightness to 50% or less with auto dim on and make sure all APPs are closed except for the 5 main ones.

You can also try updating to .540 OS, people have claimed to have better battery life!
    11-30-11 09:46 PM
    My brightness has always been at 30%, gps is off and i always put it on standby whenever it is not in use. Do i install the Turkcell OS 7.0.0.540?
    11-30-11 09:53 PM
    The battery is not the problem, this blackberry has the worst battery life of any blackberry.

I also need to carry the charger to all places because the battery did not last more than a complete day.

My only hope is that RIM releases an updated OS version that could solve this issue and the bricking issue.
    11-30-11 10:38 PM
    I'm not going to act is though the 9900's lack of batter life is a laughing matter. I just carry two batteries; that way, I'm not always paranoid wondering if I'm going to be without it. What I do find quite laughable is when some post a message in the forums genuinely concerned about the amount of batter drain, forum member essentially tell the OP to turn off every feature that makes a BB useful. I can't wait for someone to say, "my blackberry gets great battery life because I shutdown my blackberry for 45 mins, every hour, at the top of the hour."

That fact is the people have a legitimate gripe about the battery life, especially those coming from the 97XX BBs which were phenomenal.
    11-30-11 11:04 PM
    OP, yes the turkcell .540 is what you want to install.

Yes, the 9700 had great battery life. But it also has a slower cpu, smaller screen/no touchscreen and also a bigger battery!

With the 9900 RIM went for slim design! Beefing everything up and putting in a smaller capacity battery. Of course the battery life won't be great as the 9700.
    11-30-11 11:10 PM
    If slimming down my blackberry is the reason for poor battery life, imagine the battery life we could get if we went back to this phone....
    11-30-11 11:38 PM
    If slimming down my blackberry is the reason for poor battery life, imagine the battery life we could get if we went back to this phone....
    I had one of those phones and would go through three batteries a day with heavy use. It had a neat feature that you could change the battery and if you did it quick enough you it would not drop an active call.

The reality is if you use a device daily past its rated capacity, you either have to get spare batteries or charge during the day.
    12-01-11 06:38 AM
    I have everything running-- gps, Bluetooth , wifi... can't run down the battery even if I try! 7.0.0.503. On my original OS (7.0.0.261) I couldn't get to 3pm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-11 07:15 AM
    After loading .540 this phone is running great. I took it of the charger at 6 am wednesday morning and now now it's 7:20 am Thursday and I am at 44%. My GPS is off and so are bluetooth and wifi. Im not using them so they are off. I get 5-6 emails per hour and a few text messages too. Im a moderate talker and my calls last about 3-4 minutes. I received about 6 calls yesterday. I am very pleased with this phone. Your problem could be the apps that you have installed not being compatible with the OS version you are using and draining the battery or those apps are connecting you to the Internet when not being used and constantly updating stuff.

One thing I have noticed is, if you are in an area that has poor signal reception, it will strain the radio and run down the battery very quickly. If I go downstairs in my basement where I get less that one bar of reception my battery dumps pretty quickly. So I bought this app called "battery saver" that turns off the radio when the signal drops like that. You can't talk with a weak signal anyway so having the radio off is fine with me. You can set it up to turn the radio back on as you like. Works great for me and I'm on 4g all the time too.
    12-01-11 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD