What is BIS?
    Can I add personal email to the 9930 my company gave me? (I'm 99% sure the BB is dealing with company email and calendar via BES.)
    Will my personal (BIS?) email be visible to my company IT administrator?
    If I add the personal (BIS?) email to the BB, will the BB download every existing email on that personal email server, or only new ones going forward? (I think it's POP email.)
    Thanks.
    Last edited by glnz; 05-19-13 at 05:10 PM.
    05-19-13 04:35 PM
    I think you can add your own email, but it will be able to be read by your IT Dept.....That's one of the great things about BB 10. You can have your company e mail and your personal email on same device with your personal email secure
    05-20-13 05:38 PM
    I think you can add your own email, but it will be able to be read by your IT Dept.....That's one of the great things about BB 10. You can have your company e mail and your personal email on same device with your personal email secure
    This is incorrect.

Read this . What does BES see; what can be tracked/logged? - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection
    05-20-13 07:01 PM
    What is BIS?
    Can I add personal email to the 9930 my company gave me? (I'm 99% sure the BB is dealing with company email and calendar via BES.)
    Will my personal (BIS?) email be visible to my company IT administrator?
    If I add the personal (BIS?) email to the BB, will the BB download every existing email on that personal email server, or only new ones going forward? (I think it's POP email.)
    Thanks.
    yes you can add your personal email account.

what i do not know is that, if the IT admin can see your personal email. my best guess is that he wont be able to see any of the messages.
    and it will only download the new ones. but old ones can be found using remote search.

and it doesnt matter if its pop mail or imap, because, the mail first goes to bbry's BES/BIS server, this server then pushes the the mail to you hence the name push mail. the servers are able to do this by constantly polling your e-mail server. Lastly BIS=blackberry internet service
    and BES=blackberry enterprise server. both are quite similar, but also different.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    05-21-13 05:26 AM