...curious, with Social Feeds, there is no way to add an actual Google account, is there?

I'd have to add all my RSS Feeds manually, no?

Is there any app that will allow one to add a Google account to it?
    11-07-11 06:59 AM
    I'll bite as going to p/u a 9900 this week:

Anyone load FreeRange up on it?
    11-07-11 11:21 AM
    I'll bite as going to p/u a 9900 this week:

Anyone load FreeRange up on it?
    Yeah, I use Free Range with my Bold 9900 and it is great in performance. I also use Viigo (transferred from my old Bold 9700) and it is good as well except for the News portion of it that fails to update (dunno why). Other portions are wonderful.
    spiketoo likes this.
    11-09-11 12:44 AM
    hi guys, quick question, will setting up RSS feeds in social feeds work without BIS? Or do I have to go with Viigo or some other RSS client?
    04-04-13 12:03 PM
    I like XPRSS - it is also free and available via appworld. If the RSS feed doesn't load the whole article, it gives you the option to "InstaPaper" it (an icon at the bottom of the feed), and it loads the whole article within xprss - or you can choose to open the article in the Native Browser or Opera Mini. It's a pretty sweet little rss reader.

Here's the link to it:

BlackBerry World - XPRSS
    04-06-13 03:04 AM
    I love social feeds and BlackBerry news, I wish they were both on BB10. Just to address some of the comments BlackBerry news does work with Google Reader and you can import viigo account also. I don't use either but it's there as an option. Very few feeds do allow you to read full article but you do get a preview of first paragraph. You can also swipe between stories on a touch screen and sharing features are great. Would like NFC sharing enabled on the app though and it maxes out at 50 feeds. Many of the popular feeds are already available in options but you can add your own choices. Also you can choose a time frame for updates and get alerts on favourite feeds.

Social Feeds is a much slept on app. Like BlackBerry news you can only preview stories but beauty of social feeds for me is the other features. A few rss feeds are pre chosen and you can add your own. I love the favourite feature where you can have a list of your fave social feeds and the app sends you an alert when there is a new story. Social Feeds encompasses native twitter up to 5 accounts and your merged feeds as well as fb, bbm and Google chat status updates in one main feed though they can be viewed seperately much like BlackBerry Hub on bb10. Then there is another feed for native BlackBerry podcast app. Other fave features are the flagging option to bookmark stories, tweets, listen to podcasts etc for later date. Swiping between stories on touchscreen devices, bit.ly account for sharing is built in as well as great sharing options. Another great feature is the ability to choose a favourite feed say for your sports team using keywords and assuming that your following there rss feeds and social media accounts it will aggregate any mentions of there name from rss, podcasts, fb, Twitter, bbm and assuming you have Google chat, yahoo messenger or windows live there status updates also in one place. I find this a great feature to follow stories on. Using social feeds you can share an rss update using bit.ly across multiple accounts with one update which I find very useful for work and personal use.

Only downside is no sharing options for nfc/ BlackBerry tag. Like others have said you can also set social feeds to update on various time spans to save battery power. I have mine on 6 hours but it will update me on my favourites and custom views immediately which is great for breaking news and when I want travel news or public transport updates.

I have both these apps integrated with be buzz so when I'm busy get the led alert and pop ups for each app so there is great degree of customisation you can have with both. Hope my post helps anyone looking for an rss feed for there BBOS device ;-)

BlackBerry vet since 2004! Z10; Bold 9900 & 64gb PlayBook owner
    04-06-13 05:58 PM
    With the death of Google Reader, I hope one of those new reader sites like "the Old Reader" or "feedly" or ... offer a blackberry client.

I hate having to click through the stuff I already read. At least there should be a way to sync items on BB and Server of provider.

I would gladly pay for a service that offers both browser and BB RSS reading and syncs read items.

Google is being a total jerk by removing google reader, oh well, it will finally give me a reason to get rid of google account. The only reason I signed in was because of reader.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 �Slow CB App�
    04-14-13 11:54 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD