Curious as to what all i will need to do to have this phone work with my network. I know i will not get 3G and that really is not important for my needs. What do I need to have bbm, text, mms, email and all the important options working? Thanks in advance!!
    09-04-11 09:35 AM
    You need a BIS plan and you need to make sure your phone is unlocked. In addition to that make sure you have the right frequency to work with the AT&T network.

You can also walk in to a AT&T store and ask. Idk the laws in US, but in Canada, even if you bring a phone from another company to a different company, they have no right to deny service.
    09-04-11 10:17 AM
    Yea i have the BIS data plan through ATT already as i own a torch currently. Just wasnt sure what all this stuff is about service books and all that...didn't know if there is something i could do with the BB desktop manager to transfer them from my current phone or i needed new ones. The phone will be unlocked that is no problem for me.
    09-04-11 10:52 AM
    theres a sticky about how to get MMS to work on ATT. maybe it will fix many of those.
    09-04-11 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD