My spare battery has been for a trip around and round in the washing machine. It looks ok, but I'm unsure about whether I should attempt to use it or not.

I've searched around and found plenty of info about wet phones, but nothing about wet batteries.

Presuming I ensure it's properly dry, is it ok to use? Or should I get rid of it?

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-11 12:38 PM
    If it was my phone, i'd have been slightly more p'd with HER that did the washing.. Kind of annoyed however that the battery might be useless now..

Anymore ideas guys?
    11-28-11 02:21 PM
    I also would toss the "clean" battery.
    11-28-11 02:22 PM
    Do not put that battery in your BB. Toss it and pick up a JM-1 on Amazon for $20.
    11-28-11 06:07 PM
    Do NOT use the battery! there is almost certainly water inside it still, and possibly if you don't attempt to use it would always have water in it. If you use it you probably would displace the water using the heat generated, the results could be messy.
    11-28-11 09:27 PM
    I agree with the users who said that don't use to be safe. I thought it would be fun to add this fact too...
    Whenever something like a phone or a battery get wet, it cause oxidation reaction initiate with the mental and other chemical ions in the battery or electronic device. So, even if the battery works now, it will be dead soon once the oxidation eat up the circuits and wires in it. YES, the Blackberry batteries have gold and copper wires and plates in there, which can under go oxidation.
    11-28-11 10:24 PM
    Make sure you empty your pants pockets before throwing them in the laundry basket.

Get a New battery.
    11-28-11 10:25 PM
    Do not put that battery in your BB. Toss it and pick up a JM-1 on Amazon for $20.
    where do u see jm1 for $20?
    11-28-11 10:32 PM
    11-29-11 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD