And all I have to say is WOW, this thing is sweet. The keyboard is amazing, the screen has a nice resolution, and the phone is pretty dang fast. I tried out the camera as well, and it seems decent enough for me. Auto-focus isn't that huge of a deal to me and I keep my dSLR in the car quite often anyways. Browsing seemed rather fast as well, especially coming from my 8830. I was tempted to go for the iPhone 4 or wait for the new one, although after trying the 9930 that temptation has gone away quite a bit. I do have an iPod touch anyways if I ever wanted to download some of those many apps. I will make a new thread if I do purchase the 9930, and to everyone who has one I hope you keep enjoying it.
    08-19-11 02:19 PM
    Certainly the 9930 is a GREAT choice, BUT if you DO decide to go iphone, for sure wait for the iphone 5 it's arrival will be soon.
    08-19-11 02:22 PM
    I didn't think the 9930 was in Verizon stores until the 25th?!? I guess I know what I'm doing right after work...
    08-19-11 02:41 PM
    I didn't think the 9930 was in Verizon stores until the 25th?!? I guess I know what I'm doing right after work...
    Same here, I drive by 2 of them on my commute home.
    08-19-11 03:01 PM
    Demo models should be on display but they probably won't sell you one.
    08-19-11 03:05 PM
    I'll also go after work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 03:10 PM
    Called the Verizon store on Wednesday & Thursday asking if they had any 9930s. They responded with the 25th being the release date. In this forum I came across someone stating they had bought the 9930 at one of the stores. This morning I called to order one and the salesperson said I had to go to the store to make the purchase. I think she was giving me a hint. So I went to mall and the salesperson first gave me the 25th as the date the 9930 would be in the store. So I asked to order one and to double check with the manager. They brought out a 9930 and checked to see if it would process the sale. I walked out with my 9930 and I'm very happy. All of the positive comments concerning the 9930 on this forum are right on!
    08-19-11 04:21 PM
    blast! the verizon store near me only had a dummy model today. From holding the dummy unit, I loved the feel. just need to see it in action before I pull the trigger
    08-19-11 04:25 PM
    blast! the verizon store near me only had a dummy model today. From holding the dummy unit, I loved the feel. just need to see it in action before I pull the trigger
    Same here. Well it was a "Cellular Sales" store. But - I have to say, just holding the dummy phone I could tell this is an amazing creature! I switched to the iPhone4 when Verizon got them and left my 9650 Bold. The ip4 has been amazing to say the least, however, I can't get rid of my dislike for the way the apps just sit on the desktop and it just isn't as professional looking for me. That and I miss the bb keyboard. I am on the fence about the new 9930 but hopefully soon I can hold a real, working one and see if I am going to get one.
    08-20-11 09:29 AM
    My corporate store didn't have one but an authorized dealer had a single one. They let me play with it for a few minutes and I bought it. Its a great device. Man I love the keyboard.

08-20-11 09:41 AM
    Guys, trust me, if you like the traditional Blackberry layout, order the 9930 now and save the wait time. It's fabulous and I came from the Storm2 and don't really miss the full screen. I even paid full price because I made the mistake of using my NE2 upgrade on an android phone last year. Switched back to my S2 after a month. Took the leap of faith on this and am not disappointed one bit! My advice, don't wait for the Verizon store, order on line now!
    08-20-11 09:45 AM
    I just visited my Verizon Wireless corporate store and they just received their 9930's in yesterday. Their display Bold was up & running and they were willing to sell one to me.Ran very smooth though the display's touchscreen required a solid touch to active what ever you wanted to do. Very nice speakerphone for listening to music or YouTube audio. Didn't see any accessories for sale though they might have been in the back room.

Last edited by experiment626; 08-20-11 at 10:21 AM.
    08-20-11 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD