I have to say I was really impressed. From actual boot time to animations and the web browser I cam away in awe. There is a few questions I have and some my have been asked before but please bear with me.

1. I noticed that the touch panel is slightly recessed in the unit I saw today. Is this normal or an abnormality?

2. The send, BB, back, and end panel. Seems solid to me but is it just glued there or part of an assembly?

3. I asked about the NFC being disabled for Verizon, and he couldn't give me a answer. Does anyone know if the Sprint version will have NFC disabled?

4. And finally, with the CDMA versions being world phones, do they support 3G here? Some world phones do some don't. Not really a deal breaker but would be nice to know for future reference.
    08-18-11 12:04 AM
    1. My screen just a tiny bit low right above the trackpad, it's perfectly even along all 4 buttons though. I'm not bothered by it at all.

2. Not sure.

3. Not sure, but you could download the leaked OS that came out today, it has it.

4. The GSM side of the phone will only get EDGE here in the states, not 3G.
    Son_Gokou29 likes this.
    08-18-11 12:45 AM
    3. Sprint will have nfc working. But like the guy about said the leaked version will also allow your unit from vzw to work

4. The phone will have 3g in the states but if you use the phone on gsm it won't. I don't believe it will work on gsm (att or tmo) in the states actually

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Son_Gokou29 likes this.
    08-18-11 12:55 AM

4. And finally, with the CDMA versions being world phones, do they support 3G here? Some world phones do some don't. Not really a deal breaker but would be nice to know for future reference.
    Yes, the 9930 is a world phone that is designed to be used in North America on CDMA networks, almost all of which support 3G. You will not have to use a SIM until you want to use the phone overseas on GSM networks. You will have 3G service on those overseas GSM networks if you install a SIM for those networks.
    Son_Gokou29 likes this.
    08-18-11 01:04 AM
    Regarding question 4:

I called Verizon Tech Support and they provided an unlock code (free) to allow use of third party SIM cards. Once unlocked, I inserted my pre-paid AT&T SIM, changed the phone to GSM mode, and it immediately recognized the AT&T signal. Unfortunately, as stated by others, I only get EDGE signal (no 3G) but I only have it for those rare areas where the Verizon signal is spotty, so I can make calls with ease on AT&T.

I hope this helps.

Hoppy
    Son_Gokou29 likes this.
    08-18-11 01:21 AM
    I went today as well! The rep was really nice. The dummy bold 9900 wasn't out. He was like hang on let me hook you up. He spoked with the manager and let me played with one. I, absolutely love it. The camera seems perfectly fine.. maybe I had steady hands. I love everything about it.. I can't wait for T-Mobiles!!
    08-18-11 03:17 AM
    Thank you for all the input! Very apprieciated. I pulled a jackass card when I tried to remove the battery door.....and couldn't get it off!
    08-18-11 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD