Why do I feel like I'm getting "trolled" by this website lately?...
    mustangv8 and sg8330 like this.
    07-26-11 09:22 PM
    Why do I feel like I'm getting "trolled" by this website lately?...
    Yep, I was sucked in too ☹

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JUSTQUAN2 and mustangv8 like this.
    07-26-11 09:27 PM
    I was surprised facebook would be updated and this is a good thing. Already running it. I didn't get trolled. I think people just get hyped up.

07-26-11 09:34 PM
    Their "announcement" today was way to hyped up by people on the websites. Not by RIM.
    07-26-11 09:38 PM
    What a joke! Whats shiny new and social... facebook 2.0 was that announcement? What a joke! Shame on you RIM, shame on you.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    07-26-11 10:10 PM
    Yea but CrackBerry is the one who played all of us...
    07-26-11 10:20 PM
    Yea but CrackBerry is the one who played all of us...
    Not so much. Some of us received the big announcement. Others have to wait. I think you have to wait.

bighap likes this.
    07-26-11 10:27 PM
    Honestly, I think the guys at CB read the tweet the same way most of us did. The wrong way (in hindsight).
    07-26-11 10:27 PM
    RIM's marketing at its best.

RIM is really killing their hardcore fans here. I didn't even care about new devices. I just wanted a release date for the 9900.

ADGrant likes this.
    07-26-11 10:35 PM
    07-26-11 10:37 PM
    Who said anything about releasing new device and release dates?
    07-26-11 10:42 PM
    Who said anything about releasing new device and release dates?
    Don't you read Crackberry's blog posts? Crackberry did!
    07-26-11 10:48 PM
    I honestly don't know what is worse? RIM's teasing or Apple's silence lol!!
    07-26-11 10:52 PM
    Don't you read Crackberry's blog posts? Crackberry did!

Right.... Again things are taken out of context..... The only announcement was BB fan night to enter a contest.........
    07-26-11 10:57 PM
    Right.... Again things are taken out of context..... The only announcement was BB fan night to enter a contest.........
    Wrong� Although I�m confident you�re aware of the details, you appear unable or unwilling to grasp why so many people are upset with today�s �big announcement��

July 25, 1:25p PST � RIM tweets

BlackBerry Research In Motion
    You got it! New #BlackBerry devices are coming w/ our new OS, BlackBerry 7! Check back tmrw 4 deets on #BB7FanNight. ^CH

July 25, 7:55p PST � post on CrackBerry �9900 on Verizon.com�

July 26, around noon PST � RIM announces win a new BB7 smartphone contest

My guess is not many people knew what BlackBerry Fan Night was and after reading the tweet were expecting �deets� of the coming devices, not a contest. In addition for some, coupled with Verizon spiking the punch with their video slip, a lot of excitement was generated. The letdown experienced by many on this site was inevitable, if not warranted when the only thing announced was a contest to win a phone.
    chiefbroski, shupor and aNYthing24 like this.
    07-27-11 12:47 AM
    What a joke! Whats shiny new and social... facebook 2.0 was that announcement? What a joke! Shame on you RIM, shame on you.
    Shouldn't we expect this from a companyt that doesn't care about their customers and has a very bad CEO imo?

Us Blackberry owners honor our products more than the company mass producing 2 year old technology and passing them off as new products that never seem to come out in a timely manner.

Blow more funds on the squandered Playbook. Good idea Rim ***** management, jmo.
    07-27-11 01:38 AM
    CRACKBERRY...this one's for YOU!
    07-27-11 01:48 AM
    I hate to say it but we do it to ourselves. Rumor ruled and brought everyone's expectations up to a height that there had to be a crash.
    07-27-11 05:10 AM
    well, 3rd august isnt that far away and we got FB 2.0, and i like it !
    07-27-11 05:44 AM
    Well I'm about to pop a vicodin and hit the sack...anything has to be better then waiting for a ghost...
    07-27-11 05:44 AM
    well, 3rd august isnt that far away and we got FB 2.0, and i like it !
    Again, where is there a CONFIRMED date by RIM saying August 3? There is none!
    07-27-11 05:45 AM
    Here is the August 3rd confirmation, via BB Twitter and Facebook feeds:

Welcome to round 1 of #BB7FanNight! Win a NEW #BB7 #smartphone + an invite to the #Toronto Fan Night on 8/3! How? Well�

Ready? Set? Go, Team BlackBerry! Visit @BlackBerry on Twitter now to enter #BB7FanNight for your chance to win a new BlackBerry 7 smartphone of your choice. That's not all! Winners will receive an invitation to welcome our new BlackBerry smartphones at Fan Night in Toronto on August 3! http://tlk.tc/7c7
    07-27-11 05:58 AM
    I don't think the users or CB are to blame, but the way RIM said it:

"BlackBerry devices are coming w/ our new OS, BlackBerry 7!"

instead of:

"BBFanNight is coming"
    07-27-11 08:19 AM
    Here is some more info for you.

BLACKBERRY� #BB7FANNIGHT CONTEST (“CONTEST”) IS SPONSORED BY RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED (“SPONSOR”) AND IS ADMINISTERED BY DANIEL J. EDELMAN, INC. (“CONTEST ADMINISTRATOR”). CONTEST BEGINS ON JULY 26, 2011 AT 12:01 A.M. EASTERN TIME (“ET”) AND ENDS ON JULY 28, 2011 AT 5:00 P.M. ET (“CONTEST PERIOD”). THE #BB7FANNIGHT FAN EVENT WILL BE HELD IN TORONTO, ONTARIO ON AUGUST 3, 2011 (“EVENT”).
    There are forty (40) prize packs available to be won (each a “Prize”). Each Prize includes: (i) one (1) BlackBerry� OS 7 smartphone device to be selected at the Event by the Winner and shipped to the Winner once available for sale in Canada;
    07-27-11 08:22 AM
    i officially hate twitter tweets, its worse than T9 text speak
    07-27-11 08:23 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD