So I went from my 9800 to an iPhone 4s this past month. When AT&T released the 9900 I was still in my 30 day return, so I immediately gave in to my crackberry addiction and swapped the iPhone 4s for the 9900. I loved my 9000, so I've been in heaven the last 6 days with this Bold. Then out of nowhere, I wake up today, Thanksgiving morning, to my 9900 being in a sleeping, unresponsive mode and the red alert a steady stream instead of blinking. I haven't added anything or upgraded anything? I did the battery pull and it's back to normal, almost. Occasionally now, when I back out of an email or FB, the screen lags or "ghosts" for a second. Guess I'm exchanging tomorrow for another 9900, hoping for more stability since I really love this blackberry!
    11-24-11 07:39 AM
    Yea mine bricked once and was my new one was lagging. So now I have went back to my iPhone and my old curve device until an updates come because it is frustrating.
    11-24-11 07:42 AM
    This all so sad for RIM. I was hoping that the AT&T hardware was better or fixed but it looks like it has not.
    11-24-11 07:47 AM
    This isn't good at all. I'm back on BlackBerry from Android using an older BB. Ill keep an eye on the bricking issue. I have an upgrade in January and either going 9930 or Samsung Galaxy.

I have to say, my Android had no issues the time I had it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-11 07:50 AM
    Thank you, OP. That sealed the deal for me. No 9900 for my mother.

W-T-F RIM?!?!!!? So regardless of carrier, even one that went through more extensive testing, it still happens to the flagship device????

OK, I just realised I sound like a RIM basher now. But this has really ticked me off.
    11-24-11 08:00 AM
    I had a scare monday but I did push it to the max, had lots of apps and 10 bookmarks open all day, an app installed that kept freezing my 9900 (BeepUs) and I was caching lots of bbm music over wifi at starbucks and left while it was still doing it.

Result was a frozen 9900, pulled the battery but it was taking long to restart, pulled it again and eventually got an error, 528 I think, and when I pressed continue it did a full wipe.

Restored it fast though thanks to Protect.

That's my story. I still love the 9900, I can't imagine using anything else.

11-24-11 08:12 AM
    This isn't good at all. I'm back on BlackBerry from Android using an older BB. Ill keep an eye on the bricking issue. I have an upgrade in January and either going 9930 or Samsung Galaxy.

I have to say, my Android had no issues the time I had it.

I hate to say this b/c I am a BB addict. But you should give up on Blackberry and go for the Samsung one if you are not like me who needs a physical keyboard to type fast.
    11-24-11 08:13 AM
    Still my 9900 from back in Sept is running strong and ive pushed it pretty hard and still no brick as of yet.

I must be one of the lucky ones who hasnt got a bricked device.

Love my 9900.
    11-24-11 08:29 AM
    i had to pull my battery to start my phone too. But everything os fine now.
    11-24-11 08:37 AM
    Mine did it Monday Morning. New one came in Tuesday and it keeps re-booting. (9930). I am going with a Droid till this mess is sorted out. I will miss BBOS a lot.
    11-24-11 08:38 AM
    I just got an AT&T 9900 2 days ago coming from iPhone 4s (i still have it tho) as well. I got it knowing the bricking issue already, but still feel hesitant about it, especially knowing that I'll be going to Taiwan next week for a year. If anything happens I won't have any channel for exchange. The only thing that's holding me back from returning it is really it's the best BB i've used so far.

Damn RIM for giving me so much difficulties.
    11-24-11 08:59 AM
    rimm needs to pinpoint the cause of bricking to allay people's worry., and stop the cause once and for all to give people's peace of mind. regardless of warranty. I have no such problem after 1month+ but they, i'm still worried... I hope it's a software issues with people installing to many weird/incompatible programs
    11-24-11 10:51 AM
    Oh dear....

Anyone else thinking that a lot of this grief is Software related? I mean... I know RIM admitted to having dead 9900's, but has anyone tried upgrading the firmware on their devices before getting a replacement?

Software can cause a lot of problems too... It's not always the hardware's fault :P
    11-24-11 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD