Hey! I can't exactly explain this because it only happens now and then but I WILL TRY.
    The phone is about 2 weeks old now.

Scenario #1
    I use the A key or the lock key app and press the top lock key to unlock - the trackpoint will not work at all in certain places and I can't hold alt and type numbers

Scenario #2
    I let the bb go into sleep by itself (I set it to 10 secs) and press the top lock key to turn the bb on - same problem as #1

Scenario #3
    If I lock the bold using the top lock key and unlock with the top lock key - trackpoint is fine

Scenario #4
    If lock like scenario #1 and unlock by pressing a button like the call button or something - trackpoint is fine

In any scenario, if I just lock the bb again by pressing the lock key and unlock by pressing the lock key, the bb is fine with the trackpoint and keyboard working perfectly.

I took it to a Bell store and the reps were awed and they were scratching their heads... I don't know if this happens on the official bell firmware but it happens with the leaked .353 (which is why I think it's not hardware, it's a leaked/beta OS). So hardware or software??

Please reply!
    Last edited by George__; 09-09-11 at 09:42 PM.
    09-09-11 09:33 PM
    I would love to try to help...but I am pretty lost as to what your issue is....could you try to explain in a different way?
    mssca likes this.
    09-09-11 09:39 PM
    I edited the post with scenarios.. Maybe that can help. It's just like if I lock it in a certain manner the bb keyboard and trackpoint does not want to work properly (like the trackpoint freezes in the tool section or the keyboard will not type if I press down alt and press w e r)
    09-09-11 09:43 PM
    I am lost too... I wish the issues are much simpler than what you posted here. Looks very complicated the way posted... please reword it so that we may be able to help.
    09-09-11 09:45 PM
    I will try to make a video then because I agree, it is VERY hard to describe.
    Edit: Failed - video camera was too crappy.
    Last edited by George__; 09-09-11 at 10:16 PM.
    09-09-11 09:46 PM
    Try reloading the official OS, or a different leak. If the problem persists, exchange the device.
    09-09-11 10:00 PM
    Okay thanks for info.
    09-09-11 10:16 PM
    Have you resolved your issues by reloading the OS or through an exchange?
    09-13-11 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD