I haven't seen any others with this issue so here I post. I get this weird scrolling issue with my Bold that is extremely annoying. Frequently it seems as if the phone begins scrolling up on its own! When I go to reply to a text as I begin to type, the phone just begins scrolling up through the message, or when I go to press an icon to open an app, it scrolls to the top of the screen as if I am physically scrolling on the trackpad myself. Anyone else have this issue at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    12-12-11 09:02 PM
    I haven't seen any others with this issue so here I post. I get this weird scrolling issue with my Bold that is extremely annoying. Frequently it seems as if the phone begins scrolling up on its own! When I go to reply to a text as I begin to type, the phone just begins scrolling up through the message, or when I go to press an icon to open an app, it scrolls to the top of the screen as if I am physically scrolling on the trackpad myself. Anyone else have this issue at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    So no one else has had this issue or know why it may be happening?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-14-11 02:19 AM
    I had some weird issues where just my finger being within about 1/2 inch from the screen would make it go nuts. I don't know what the deal was, but I couldn't do anything without really weird things happening.

It did stop. I tried to make the touchscreen the least sensitive I could, and then I increased it from there. I also did an OTA upgrade from .261 (?) to .440, so I don't know if that had any effect. I think it was the settings on the touchscreen maybe. I also made the trackpad really un-sensitive, and then when everything was working, increased that slowly.

Have no idea if that's related to your issue or not though!
    CBJG likes this.
    12-14-11 02:27 AM
    Try this:
    Open a web page and move a little bit the cursor. After that, take your finger away from the trackball. If the cursor is moving by himself, you have a phisical issue with your trackpad and you have to change it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-14-11 02:31 AM
    I had this issue, too...but it seems to have stopped. Maybe it was a new OS that I installed. The cursor would wander on its own, just like the OP said...up a line or 2 and I did not have my hand anywhere near the trackpad. Could be the software...

Incidentally, I am now running the .585 hybrid OS...using the .540 bits and pieces.
    12-14-11 02:53 AM
    I had the same problem at first day using, I almost went back to the seller to get an exchange, but after doing the up ROMs and get used to the touch screen, it is now back to normal, I dont know the exact reason though. But I did first try to reduce the sensitivity of the trackpad. Actually now I dont use it anymore (almost)
    12-14-11 03:29 AM
    I had this issue, too...but it seems to have stopped. Maybe it was a new OS that I installed. The cursor would wander on its own, just like the OP said...up a line or 2 and I did not have my hand anywhere near the trackpad. Could be the software...

Incidentally, I am now running the .585 hybrid OS...using the .540 bits and pieces.
    No, it's not a software problem. It's a phisical issue, you need to change the trackpad.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-14-11 03:45 AM
    i have same issue.
    when i scroll down my long mails...
    some times it automaticlly scrolls to end of mail..
    i am on .540....
    12-14-11 03:50 AM
    i have this problem on bbm and whatsapp. Noticed it on my 9700 too. Either when i press 'R' to reply or try to scroll to the bottom it either shoots up quickly or soemtimes just straight to the top of the text. Typically I just ignore it and send a message which then jumps back down to the bottom.

Its definitely not hardware for me. Definitely software related as sometimes it happens when i touch the screen.
    12-14-11 04:15 AM
    i have this problem on bbm and whatsapp. Noticed it on my 9700 too. Either when i press 'R' to reply or try to scroll to the bottom it either shoots up quickly or soemtimes just straight to the top of the text. Typically I just ignore it and send a message which then jumps back down to the bottom.

Its definitely not hardware for me. Definitely software related as sometimes it happens when i touch the screen without hitting the trackpad.
    12-14-11 04:29 AM
    Aren't compastive touchscreens only suppose to respond to your actual finger? Because I've had mine where I go to wipe off the screen with a microfiber or my shirt sometimes and it would scroll by doing that but not really a issue though.

12-14-11 05:42 AM
    Hi Jersey Kerby,
    I am having the exact same issue where the 9930 appears possessed and continues to scroll even when i set it down; this renders a really cool device to be almost useless. I wondered if i was too aggressive removing the battery and damaged the touchscreen? I tried lowering the sensitivity. I can not tell if it is the touchscreen causing the scrolling and movement or if it is the trackpad. Any ideas? I'm traveling and not able to update the device software until the weekend...
    thank you! CBJG
    01-03-12 11:27 AM
    My 9930 has similar issues like this in dark lighting areas. It is weird... but doesn't happen that often. Play around with it in a completely dark room.
    01-03-12 11:56 AM
    I had the same weird scrolling issue. If you have Poynt installed try uninstalling it. Not sure way but it solved it for me.
    01-03-12 12:04 PM
    A big thank you to HershL. All i did was lower the sensitivity and the issue has gone away. My device is no longer possessed; thank you! This must be my 15th crackberry device and it is by far the BEST - love it! Regards, CBJG.
    01-03-12 12:54 PM
    Yep ! I've had this same problem however once I upgraded (as others have posted here) that problem has disappeared. Give it a shot and see if your auto scrolling problem goes away.

01-03-12 04:16 PM
    I'm having the same intermittent un-controlable scrolling problem. Sometimes seems related to motion. Were you able to find a solution?
    04-24-13 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD