My 9900 turns on fine but when I lock my screen itll come back on only with a black screen and backlight. Once I remove battery and turn back it, itll work again until I lock. I have updated and doing it via loader.exe but nothing. Any help?
    01-13-14 06:03 PM
    That does sound weird, can't say I've heard of that before. It does sound like a software glitch. What OS did you upgrade to?
    01-14-14 10:20 AM
    I have the latest OS, I have tried downgrading and still the problem persists.
    01-14-14 11:19 AM
    You might try backing up your data, do a security wipe, reload the OS, then only reinstall stuff like your messages, texts. Don't reload the settings.
    01-14-14 11:22 AM
    I have tried widing and resetting using JL_CMDer and BBSAK. Nothing different. I don't restore or anything I don't even install anything and it still happens.
    01-14-14 11:24 AM
    Hmmm, I'm at a lose as to what might cause that. I'll ask around and see if someone else might have any idea.
    01-14-14 11:33 AM
    Has the device been subjected to a recent fall or been exposed to moisture? It's sounds to me like some sort of hardware failure like a loose wire or a intermitten circuit issue. Probably you need to get it repaired or replaced.
    01-14-14 11:46 AM
    Hmmm, I'm at a lose as to what might cause that. I'll ask around and see if someone else might have any idea.
    Thanks

Has the device been subjected to a recent fall or been exposed to moisture? It's sounds to me like some sort of hardware failure like a loose wire or a intermitten circuit issue. Probably you need to get it repaired or replaced.
    No, nothing at all. I can open it up and check it out.
    01-14-14 11:47 AM
    Thanks

No, nothing at all. I can open it up and check it out.
    Be very very careful as you risk further damage doing that. There are special tools that are used to open devices, do you have the tools? A torx screwdriver for example, and a phone opening tool.
    01-14-14 11:51 AM
    Borrow a different battery maybe? Some of 9900 known to have lose connection. Maybe do some paper to hold it in place?
    01-14-14 11:51 AM
    Be very very careful as you risk further damage doing that. There are special tools that are used to open devices, do you have the tools? A torx screwdriver for example, and a phone opening tool.
    I work with phones, fixing on a daily basis. I just have not come across this thus asking about it.

Borrow a different battery maybe? Some of 9900 known to have lose connection. Maybe do some paper to hold it in place?
    The connection is there as it is still on, but screen is black with backlight on. When using JL_CMDer or BBSAK I can take screenshots of what I am doing still.
    01-14-14 01:02 PM
    I work with phones, fixing on a daily basis. I just have not come across this thus asking about it.

The connection is there as it is still on, but screen is black with backlight on. When using JL_CMDer or BBSAK I can take screenshots of what I am doing still.
    Gotcha sounds like you know what you are doing. Yes try taking it apart sounds like a loose connection to me or at least it's worth a look.
    01-14-14 01:07 PM

Screen replacement shouldn't be expensive these days. Flex cable must be on way out

Sent from whatever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    01-14-14 01:31 PM
    01-14-14 01:40 PM
    Gotcha sounds like you know what you are doing. Yes try taking it apart sounds like a loose connection to me or at least it's worth a look.
    Taken apart but nothing looked out of the ordinary, time will tell.

Screen replacement shouldn't be expensive these days. Flex cable must be on way out

Sent from whatever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    For the price paid for the device, new screen isn't worth it for me.

Checked these and unfortunately none have worked.
    01-14-14 02:41 PM