Hey all,
    Did a search, but couldn't find anything, hopefully my search skills aren't just crap.
    First off, I love our Bold. I'm a big advocate of RIM. I've used all Smartphone platforms. And I truly believe OS7 is better than Android, better than Windows, and of course better than that crap IOS. Webos is the only other platform that impressed me. But of course, we all know where that went.
    Any ways, I'm willing to forgive my Bold for a lot of things; crap battery life, and most importantly, the CONSTANT freezing with the stupid clock.
    BUT, this one problem I've been plagued with is getting ridiculous and even too much for this fanboi ->
    Randomly, without warning, the phone will shut off. Majority of the time this takes place at night, although it's happened during the day too. The phone screen goes black. The red led will flash. And if I try turning it on, or pressing any button, the track-pad light will come on. The phone will not turn on, until I do a battery pull.
    As you can imagine, this is a million times worse than freezing up on me with that stupid clock, phone calls don't come through, my calender and alarm alerts don't work, if I needed to completely rely on my phone, it would've screwed me over royally.
    Any on experience something similar? Fixes?

My Bold is a Canadian, Rogers, Blackberry Bold 9900
    01-03-12 04:19 PM
    It's not your fault, nor your 9900, it's the carrier, making update or some fixes in/on the network. I've worked for Telus in the past, this issue happens time to time, depending on the phone you have, and depending on the types of cellular towers in your location.

So don't worry, but, there is nothing to be done except call Rogers and mention the issue.

Ciaoo
    01-03-12 04:49 PM
    It's not your fault, nor your 9900, it's the carrier, making update or some fixes in/on the network. I've worked for Telus in the past, this issue happens time to time, depending on the phone you have, and depending on the types of cellular towers in your location.

So don't worry, but, there is nothing to be done except call Rogers and mention the issue.

Ciaoo

What..? Lmao. is that supposed to be funny?

To the op
    For the record, your phone should only turn off when the battery is at 2% or when auto on/off settings are enabled. Even with auto on/off enabled, you still have full control over when you want to power down or power up your phone using the red end key.

Turning your phone off doesn't actually turn it off, its more of a standby similar to your laptop (where the blackberrys standby button activates more of screen saver/dimmer). There's NO reason you shouldn't b
    e able to turn it back on/wake your phone up.
    Either A, bad battery. B, os related issues. C, phone has issues.
    A and C need you to call rogers and explain your issue to get a replacement, B you can fix on your own.
    Network issue? How the heck does a network issue/upgrade/service cause a blackberry to FULLY POWER OFF and be rendered unable to start up? This isn't a 1992 nokia, this is a smartphone. The network DOES NOT DICTATE NOR INFLUENCE WHETHER THE PHONE IS POWERED ON OR OFF. YOU DO NOT NEED A NETWORK TO USE A BLACKBERRYS CALENDAR. Thas jus craizee

And ftr, I noticed rogers service goes in and out every night around 3am, but only h+. Edge (and 3g on other phones) works just fine and ill get an SOS signal rogers can't control the power state of my phone, and the state of my network connection can't either. Cmon now. Where did you learn to feed people that nonsense?
    01-03-12 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD