when we can download Official 9900 software there's date or something
    We still waiting they too late for 9900 should be the first phone with 7.1 os!
    Last edited by m_918; 02-22-12 at 07:28 AM.
    02-22-12 05:49 AM
    RIM should communicate better with owners and keep them in the loop. I always feel we are the last on updates.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-22-12 05:53 AM
    Official software updates for smartphones must first go through carriers and get approval.

If you have a problem with not having a particular software being officially supported talk to the carriers to see if it is in testing and how that is going.

You always have the option of installing a leaked/unofficial OS for your smartphone device at your own risk.
    Last edited by CL8Baller; 02-22-12 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Typos and clarifications
    02-22-12 05:53 AM
    Official software updates for smartphones must first go through carriers and get approval.

If you have a problem with not having a particular software being officially supported talk to the carriers to see if it is in testing and how that is going.

You always have the option of installing a leaked/unofficial OS for your smartphone device at your own risk.
    Okay... so who from the carriers are they supposed to talk to?
    02-22-12 07:06 AM
    Okay... so who from the carriers are they supposed to talk to?
    No idea, I stopped talking to AT&T about my smartphone questions, comments, problems, or concerns since I found the CrackBerry community.
    bmwone likes this.
    02-22-12 07:13 AM
    Why wait for an "official" OS when you can get a very stable "leaked" version.

Like Nike.....Just Do It!
    Jake90087 likes this.
    02-22-12 07:36 AM
    I can't use the leaked sure have bugs
    So. Who have any idea about os 7.1 for 9900

Who have 9930 no need to post here & thanks
    02-22-12 07:38 AM

Call your carrier and ask them since they will distribute the "official" version for your device.
    02-22-12 07:39 AM

As you are somewhat new to the forum, I'll give you a little insight: a "leaked" OS is exactly the same as an "official" one.

RIM creates a new OS version and provides it to the carrier to do their own testing (as opposed to Apple who release their OS updates directly to their users). Sometimes these OS' get "leaked" out to the public or times you have to wait for a carrier to complete testing and "release" it. Either way it's the same OS.
    02-22-12 09:25 AM
    All the OS's are buggy. A "leaked" one is not going to be buggier than an "official" one. They also decay faster than a windows PC in an adult emporium, so loading a new OS is usually less risky than leaving the carrier approved version on there to rot.
    02-22-12 09:35 AM
    Is it the leak much better than official one I'm scary to use because I'm only using one phone I don't want each time backup and restore

So should I download the leaked os7.1 for 9900? Or wait for official one ?
    02-22-12 02:54 PM
    Is it the leak much better than official one I'm scary to use because I'm only using one phone I don't want each time backup and restore

Go for the leak.

By the time an official 7.1 is released you will have had weeks of fun using a better version than the first offical one will be !!!
    02-22-12 03:04 PM
    There isn't an official release of 7.1 for the 9900 yet, so if you want it now then install the leaked version.

Your decision... nobody else cares.
    02-22-12 03:04 PM
    As you are somewhat new to the forum, I'll give you a little insight: a "leaked" OS is exactly the same as an "official" one.

RIM creates a new OS version and provides it to the carrier to do their own testing (as opposed to Apple who release their OS updates directly to their users). Sometimes these OS' get "leaked" out to the public or times you have to wait for a carrier to complete testing and "release" it. Either way it's the same OS.
    I do defer to the posters here who probably know more than I do...but like Buddha said...believe nothing unless it agrees with your own common sense and reason. So I postulate that the "leaked" versions are sent out because the real world is the best laboratory. They read forums like this to see how the OS are doing, tweak some more, and then release newer versions. The carriers just wait and release proven stuff. The above is pure speculation and may have no corresponding reality whatsoever.
    02-22-12 04:28 PM
    There isn't an official release of 7.1 for the 9900 yet....
    Even the Curve has 7.1 now. lmfao.

...The carriers just wait and release proven stuff...
    I've run countless OS's on the numerous devices I list below. Some of the WORST releases were "carrier officials". Leaks are sent to carriers just like any other OS; whether the carrier chooses to release it or not is another story. Your postulate is flawed.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-23-12 at 10:38 AM.
    02-23-12 06:27 AM

An OS is an OS. Unless you see where there is consistent feedback that a particular bug was fixed or a feature added (removed), other things being equal, you will never notice the difference. Phrases like "more responsive," "better browser," and "better battery life" are completely meaningless. OS's decay. ANY fresh load is going to seem better unless it gets jacked up during the install.
    02-23-12 10:32 AM
    I dont see any constructive update in OS7.1 except multimedia and some smaller tweaks/ features.
    Before May 2012, we will sure have OS7.1 official.
    02-23-12 10:39 AM
    By which time those of us who use leaks will be 3 or 4 steps ahead of the "official" release !!!!
    02-23-12 10:44 AM
    Geeze! Focus on the topic, and save the English lessons for class.
    02-23-12 02:14 PM
    I believe I said that.
    02-23-12 02:16 PM
    I believe I said that.
    02-23-12 02:19 PM
    I dont see any constructive update in OS7.1 except multimedia and some smaller tweaks/ features.
    Faster reboot times for one!
    02-23-12 02:25 PM
    I also used to wait for official releases, but cannot be bothered anymore. Takes too long. I have a leaked 7.1 (267). Go for that one, very stable, impressive battery life compared to anterior OS versions. I used the one provided by CB.
    02-23-12 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD