I think we need to start a petition to request the Blackberry Dakota to be launced on T-mobile. Remember we got the the T-mo got the 8900 that was nice but i would have loved to have the 9000 Bold from At&t instead. At&t got the Torch and we got ther 9780 that i currently own but even though i dont even care much for the Torch it was have been nice to have for the touch screen lovers. All im saying is t-mobile needs to find a way to sway RIM to launch the DAKOTA or Visa versa. I will switch to At&t to get the phone with 3G UMA working! I work for T-mobile im just a sales rep but i just thought that i should mention.
    01-25-11 03:21 PM
    How can you work for T mobile and be this....silly.

You know that the reason T mobile has wifi calling is because of its spotty coverage, and the reason they got the 8900 Enhanced EDGE is because of their poor 3G.

So, I am sure they will get the Dakota, AFTER, their 3G or 4G now....

service gets improved.
    01-25-11 06:37 PM
    As a Tmobile sales rep you should know that Att doesn't support UMA.
    01-25-11 07:00 PM
    You need to remember, most carriers pay engineering costs for some of the devices.

And since T Mobile uses different bands than the top 4 GSM carriers in North America, they might need to put some cash in RIMs hand.... hows they for swaying them?

It isnt RIMs choice, its TMOs
    01-25-11 07:21 PM
    On a side note...historically, petitions have proven to ineffective in promoting change in anything of significance.
    01-25-11 07:27 PM
    On a side note...historically, petitions have proven to ineffective in promoting change in anything of significance.
    LOL yeah...... especially online petitions
    01-25-11 07:43 PM
    You mean to tell me that the petition I made sophomore year of college to put a flag on the empty flag pole outside my dorm isn't significant?
    01-25-11 07:58 PM
    You mean to tell me that the petition I made sophomore year of college to put a flag on the empty flag pole outside my dorm isn't significant?
    No I meant every petition in history except that one which was for a very notable and worthwhile cause.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ridesno159 likes this.
    01-25-11 08:16 PM
    I think the Dakota will come to TMO...and I am very excited to buy it when it does.
    01-25-11 08:18 PM
    Long as it comes on the AWS frequency I'm good
    01-26-11 03:12 AM
    Me silly because I didn't know that att doesn't support uma. Well in northeast ohio everyone has tmobile att is terrible here mr know it thanks for the useless response though

01-26-11 08:28 AM
    Me silly because I didn't know that att doesn't support uma. Well in northeast ohio everyone has tmobile att is terrible here mr know it thanks for the useless response though

Who are you to talk about a useless response? So because everyone in northeast Ohio has Tmobile and that Att is terrible is why you didn't know that Att had UMA?

Seems to me that knowing Att doesn't support UMA would be another great selling point for Tmobile. An informed rep would use that to their advantage. If I was in your store and you told me about Att and it's UMA I would ask for a new rep or walk out the store.

Isn't knowing your competition part of being a good sales rep? That doesn't sound very useless to me...

Now what I think is useless, is just talking about starting a petition for a company to have a phone, and not actually making one yourself if it's that important to you. That is silly, grow some balls and do it yourself....
    01-26-11 09:42 AM
    And since T Mobile uses different bands than the top 4 GSM carriers in North America, they might need to put some cash in RIMs hand.... hows they for swaying them?
    Given the difference in markets between the states and canada, who are the other two gsm networks besides at&t that are bigger than t-mobile?

Incidentally, if you look at the global situation as far as 3g bands, Rim would tend to be producing more than one band variant for everywhere else so neither at&t nor t-mobile would specifically need to hand over any additional cash beyond what was required for the orders they placed.
    01-26-11 10:47 AM

Let's talk about useless responses. Oh wait...I meant useless threads like this one where a T-Mobile rep wants to start a petition to ask/request/force RIM to launch a specific device on a specific network. The same network that the OP reports to be employed by. In order to be a good sales rep, you have to know your product, however it doesn't stop there, you also need to know what your competition has to offer, it's strengths and weaknesses. But I'm sure you knew that already.
    01-26-11 10:57 AM
    BlackBerry Dakota - Full phone specifications

Real specs so far

01-26-11 11:37 AM
    BlackBerry Dakota - Full phone specifications

Real specs so far

Yep... Check the 3G bands. Tmo would support these.

01-27-11 02:22 PM
    It's missing the 1700 frequency.
    01-27-11 03:29 PM
    Long as it comes on the AWS frequency I'm good
    ....and don't forger UMA.
    01-27-11 11:30 PM
    Yep... Check the 3G bands. Tmo would support these.

No, T-Mobile does NOT support these bands. Their bands are 1700/2100, or Bands 1, 4, and 8.
    01-27-11 11:33 PM
    No, T-Mobile does NOT support these bands. Their bands are 1700/2100, or Bands 1, 4, and 8.
    Yeah you're right. I brain farted there for a second. Thank you kindly.

01-28-11 01:57 AM
    Yeah you're right. I brain farted there for a second. Thank you kindly.

No prob.

01-30-11 12:20 AM
    I sure hope T-Mo gets it because I'm on Cincy Bell and they use the same 3G bands. No way I'm going to pay for an ATT model, unlock it and use it only w/ EDGE.
    01-30-11 09:30 AM
    i will be both shocked and appalled if the dakota is an AT&T exclusive.. if that's the case, later RIM
    Mvor7 and Plazmic Flame like this.
    01-30-11 04:16 PM
    Dakota as an exclusive makes no sense to either Rim or AT&T and there is little chance it will be, the Torch 2 is a far more likely candidate since AT&T has already spent plenty of time and money promoting that brand with the first model to want to turn around and do the same with this new Bold.
    01-31-11 03:17 AM
    I sure hope T-Mo gets it because I'm on Cincy Bell and they use the same 3G bands. No way I'm going to pay for an ATT model, unlock it and use it only w/ EDGE.
    If this does support T-Mobile's 3G bands I wouldn't be surprised if Cincinnati Belli would get it before T-Mobile. Lately Cincinnati bell gets phones a little bit before T-Mobile does.

02-01-11 10:34 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD