Hey CB,

I was thinking since I am about to get the 9930 but I keep hearing about bricking issues. I think it would be possible to buy the external charger and extra battery and swapping them whenever your battery runs out. This eliminates the problem of charging over night and it would get around bricking.

Let me know what you guys think.
    12-13-11 11:52 PM
    I don't think that the battery charging is the issue. But I could be wrong, I don't have a 9930. And just Fyi, there is a thread with your exact contents started, why don't you go read that since there's already replies in there and not start a new thread. Thanks for reading.
    12-14-11 12:05 AM
    There have been very few bricking issues with the 9900 from AT&T. I have had mine since Nov. 10th with no issues. There are no exact causes although a bad batch of batteries could be the cause as well as glitch in the OS. I am running the stock OS and only update with carrier OS even though, in most cases, after removing the vendor xml file, it should be fine to use other offcical carrier OS. I turn mine off at night using the OEM charger that came with the phone. Don't use the PB folding charger as that handles a different amount of current and may cause issues. Think laptop docking station adapter versus a regular adapter for the laptop. Over time, it can cause issues.
    12-14-11 06:36 AM
    Hey CB,

I was thinking since I am about to get the 9930 but I keep hearing about bricking issues. I think it would be possible to buy the external charger and extra battery and swapping them whenever your battery runs out. This eliminates the problem of charging over night and it would get around bricking.

Let me know what you guys think.
    The OEM charging cube provided in the box works just fine. That said, I don't charge my phone over night, I charge it while I'm at work. IMO, having to pry the back cover off is too much of a pain in the @ss.

why don't you go read that since there's already replies in there and not start a new thread. Thanks for reading.
    +1 there are plenty of threads on the bricking issue. No need to start another.
    12-14-11 08:13 AM
    ...And just Fyi, there is a thread with your exact contents started, why don't you go read that since there's already replies in there and not start a new thread. Thanks for reading.
    Sorry, that's my bad. I thought this could help someone out but didn't think about there being too many threads about it and crowding the forum. thanks for the advice.
    12-14-11 05:04 PM
    No need to apologize, cw. There are way too many people on these forums spending inordinate amounts of time trolling to criticize because someone dared not to search. Hope your 9930 is fine.
    12-14-11 06:55 PM
    The best protection anyone can have is insurance. Since no one is telling us the exact terchnical reason for it, it remains an unkown variable for the consumers. After 4 months it happened to my 9930. Certified replacement arrived the next day no charge. Excellent quality and performance. I was right back where I should be in a little more than an hour, apps incuded!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-11 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD