my phone just went thru water damage and i took him to a local repair shop and they said there is nothing they can do, they dried the phone and everything but the memory power went off, is that it, nothing else can be done?
    i have to buy a new phone?
    helppppppppppppp
    04-11-12 05:03 PM
    Sometimes dipping it in pure alcohol will help.
    04-11-12 05:09 PM
    How did you managed to get the water damage?
    04-11-12 05:13 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...en-wet-314679/

If you had tried this the moment it got wet, you might have been lucky

...but now it's toast
    04-11-12 05:17 PM
    I heard you can put it in a bowl of rice and it will suck all the water from the phone. I had the same situation happen with my curve, what i did was take the bb apart and use a can of compressed air to dry it.
    04-11-12 05:38 PM
    so diping the phone in alcohol than rice will help, even they said the source of power fried?
    04-11-12 08:18 PM
    so diping the phone in alcohol than rice will help, even they said the source of power fried?
    If you've had a repair shop tell you it's fried, then I'd believe them. I doubt dipping it in alcohol or putting it in rice is going to help at this point.
    04-11-12 08:39 PM
    I agree with the others that if your phone does not work with a good battery it's probably toast, although you should try putting it into a warm dry place with the battery pulled for 24 hours and then give it one more try.

The very first thing you need to do if your phone gets dunked is pull the battery. The longer the battery is left in the phone, the more likely it is that the phone and/or the battery will be permanently damaged.

After that, you need to rinse it off with clean fresh water if it fell into anything other than clean fresh water. (Although, if it fell into anything other than clean fresh water, it's probably toast anyway.)

After that, you need to dry it as quickly as possible. If compressed air is handy, use that first (gently), then put it into a warm (not hot) dry place for 24 hours to bake out the moisture. If the temperature is too hot (e.g., above 120F / 50 C), there is a good chance the phone will be damaged.

A relative dropped his blackberry into a toilet . He used this procedure and his phone was back in service the next day. I no longer borrow his phone.
    04-11-12 09:41 PM
    so now that my phone is dead looking brand new, does someone buys this stuff? where can i get a phone, same phone, cheap price?????????im desperate
    04-13-12 12:42 PM
    Yeah there are people's around that would buy dead or water damaged BlackBerry's.
    You can take a look on google and search around. But i don't think you will get much money for it.
    04-13-12 12:45 PM
    I cannot speak for the 9930. On my bold 9650 I dropped it in a full 5 gallon bucket of water. I am a tile setter hence the bucket of water. It was about 2 months after I got it. I pulled it out of the bucket and thought well its toast and I went without a phone for the next couple of days before I decided to take the back cover off, battery out and set it out in the sun all day I went out that evening put it back together and it worked fine. I used it until I got my 9930 a couple of days ago. Worked for me can't hurt to give it a try.
    04-14-12 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD