do any of you guys have experiences with warranty issues on a used blackberry? i bought my phone second hand and am having problems with it constantly restarting. i tried reloading the OS, but that didn't work. the phone is from rogers. will they service the phone even though i didn't originally purchase it? i'm pretty sure its still under the 1 year.

thanks
    12-30-11 06:03 PM
    they will take care of you as long as the phone has not been unlocked to use on a different network.

your best bet is to call them and speak to a csr.

if you unlocked it, it voids the warranty.

They will not service their phones that are used under a different carrier.
    12-30-11 06:33 PM
    are you sure? I've done some looking around here and apparently it doesn't. And that makes sense. How could unlocking my blackberry void the warranty? Carriers will sell you the unlock code if you ask for it.

What is the best way to approach this to get the phone serviced?
    01-02-12 09:34 PM
    The third party unlockers aren't done using the same method as the carriers, if memory serves. So, the carrier isn't going to support it. As long as it has the carrier's logo on it and it's still under warranty, you should be fine.

Joe
    01-03-12 06:44 AM
    If you are on contract with Rogers they will repair any phone once, even out of warranty. I think there is a handling fee for it. I have a used Rogers 9900, but on a 3 year contract (9810) and the rep said they would fix it if I could provide the original phone number it was issued on. There is also a link on the Rogers site to check warranty status using the imei number.

If you are on Rogers, bring it into a Rogers store and see what they say. Otherwise you may be out of luck unless your carrier is willing to send it off for repair.
    01-03-12 06:54 AM
    If you are on Rogers and it is a Rogers device, it doesn't matter who originally bought it, they should honour the warranty. Just bring it in and show them the issues - don't even mention that you didn't originally buy it...

Carrier unlock uses the same method as 3rd party unlock, neither should void the warranty.
    01-03-12 09:00 AM
    Agreed with fnord. Unlocking does not void your BlackBerry warranty.
    01-03-12 09:09 AM
    Here is the link for the imei search on Rogers.

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...OfWarranty_1_1
    01-03-12 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD