My old 9900's LCD was bleeding so i sold it and now i have no phone.. I am looking to buy one of Kijiji or CL.
    Someone has offered one for $380 WITH receipt... If anything goes wrong aka bricking etc... Can i use the receipt as proof of purchase or is it under his name aka the original buyer?
    12-10-11 09:13 PM
    My old 9900's LCD was bleeding so i sold it and now i have no phone.. I am looking to buy one of Kijiji or CL.
    Someone has offered one for $380 WITH receipt... If anything goes wrong aka bricking etc... Can i use the receipt as proof of purchase or is it under his name aka the original buyer?
    With a receipt you can send it back to the manufacturer but the carrier will only warrant the original owner.
    12-10-11 09:26 PM
    So that means if it bricks and i go to the carrier, they wont do anything even with receipt? How would i be able to make my warranty claim from RIM?
    12-10-11 09:28 PM
    Why didn't you just warranty the bleeding LCD? You can probably still initiate a warranty through the carrier. Verizon doesn't usually check the receipt when doing it over the phone. Your carrier may be different though.
    12-10-11 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD